Used 1994 Dodge Caravan ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

1994 Dodge Caravan

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

STAY AWAY
By dodge NO MORE

1994 Dodge Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

I'm now on my third minivan, I can only say that I'm the jack--- that continued to buy these vans. the first van: replaced tranny, two air conditioners, two evaportor cores, and finally a blown rod=$25.00 from junk yard to haul away (at 114,000 miles) The 2nd one a 93, air compressor and tranny b 4 55000 miles (sold it) The 3rd, well alot worse than the first!!!

Favorite Features

kid hauler. Other than that, these vehicles are built from pieces. I would consider anything BUT these vehicles. If anyone must, buy extended warrenty!!!

Suggested Improvements

Other than the body, a Reliable motor, a better transmission, air conditioner units, breaks, and a motor that doesnt leak!!!!!!!!

nice
By wiggles

1994 Dodge Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

At 95K on it. We have a very basic caravan. Only options are AC, tilt, 2 built-in baby seats, rear defog, tint glass, and cruise. it has a 3 liter V6.i installed bosch platinum 4's in it and increased my MPG by 2.

Favorite Features

Easier to transport young kids in.

Suggested Improvements

i had to replace the rear wheel cylinder. get rid of drum brakes and hub caps on all vehicles. Recommend Anitlock Barake System (ABS). Needs more leg room for the third seat passengers. Suggest taking third seat out whebn not in use to improve MPG.

Bad Transmission
By dodgedupe

1994 Dodge Caravan ES 3dr Minivan

Bought vehicle, had only 19,000 miles on it. Within 2,00 miles had to replace the torque converter. At 40,000 had to replace with a manufacture rebuild, the transmission w/torque converter. at 54,000 had to have the rebuild replaced. Now, only 24,000 miles from the original manufacture's rebuild being installed I have to have it replaced again. Also note that this next replacement will only be warrantied from the original purchase of the rebuild, leaving me with only 12,000 miles of warranty on this transmission w/torque converter. Is this good old American built reliability or what?