Not bad for a 16 year run
By Alex on
1993 Dodge Caravan LE 3dr Minivan
Generally, this car has been a trooper. I got her from my parents in December of 2001, they bought her almost brand new as a program car in 1993. She took us on several 200+ mile trips to visit family, a pretty lengthy journey to Disneyworld, an even lengthier trip to Kentucky - and this was all mostly during her first 60,000. After that point, as I've heard was common with this particular model, the transmission gave out and we had to have a new one dropped in. Since owning it, I've had to have a new compressor installed, and she's having trouble with oil consumption and struts. But for her age, the fact she's still running is quite impressive.
Favorite Features
Lots of space. The removable third seat was nice, although getting it in and out is such a pain (this was before the days of stow and go, though). A/C will freeze your ears off, and in sweltering Southern summers, that's a very good thing.
Suggested Improvements
Dodge in general could be a great contender if they'd simply work harder on fuel economy and build quality. There's just no reason an automatic transmission should randomly give out at 60,000 (nor have all the necessary mounts in place, which our first tranny didn't).