1993 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Not bad for a 16 year run
By Alex on 02/19/09 06:46 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

Generally, this car has been a trooper. I got her from my parents in December of 2001, they bought her almost brand new as a program car in 1993. She took us on several 200+ mile trips to visit family, a pretty lengthy journey to Disneyworld, an even lengthier trip to Kentucky - and this was all mostly during her first 60,000. After that point, as I've heard was common with this particular model, the transmission gave out and we had to have a new one dropped in. Since owning it, I've had to have a new compressor installed, and she's having trouble with oil consumption and struts. But for her age, the fact she's still running is quite impressive.

All good except the transmission
By Lance on 04/28/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Caravan LE 3dr Minivan

My van has the 3.3 litre V6 engine with the 4 speed trans. with overdive. It's not a good tranny as you've read here. The rebuilder said it's similar to unit fitted in the old Dodge Omni and Horizon compacts from the 80's. Guess they had lots of spares. You can expect to replace it about every 40 000 miles. The engine is very good actually, I never had much trouble with it other than a head gasket being replaced once. The ABS system failed at around 150000 miles and it was under warranty for life, low cost repair.

best vehicle ever
By Ahhhhhh on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

this is a great van