1990 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: Versatile, With Retro Style!

1990 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Review

Versatile, With Retro Style!
By TrashTsar on

1990 Dodge Caravan 3dr Minivan

I am the original owner of a 1990 Dodge Caravan with the 3.0 V6 engine. The car has 151,000 miles on it and has been reliable. The original 3.0 liter engines had bad valve stem seals that caused me to replace it with a factory rebuilt engine at 95,000 miles. The engine is far superior to the original and is a strong puller. Avoid the 4 speed transmission sold with the long wheelbase vans. I got the simple, 3 speed trans and it has given me no trouble. Starter, air conditioner, exhaust, and most other systems have had no repairs. With the seats out I haul lumber, furniture--you name it. With the seats in, I haul a soccer team or the family plus others.

Stong pulling v6 engine, high seating position for a good view of the road, comfy ride, classic lines. Haul people or cargo.

Getting to the rear spark plugs on the V6 is difficult. Pay someone to do a plug replacement for you.