Dodge Caliber SXT (AT) is Worth the Purchase
By my2012caliber on
2012 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Despite what you may have heard or read, I can only say, that the Dodge Caliber SXT is a vehicle you have try for yourself. Being the first to review here, and after 3 weeks of shopping and test driving other vehicles within the same price range, the Caliber SXT had me sold. Most impressive was its handling, 32mpg highway, quiet motor, and over all, a total “solid” feel of the vehicle while offering the most outstanding acoustic noise barrier. It feels rugged - like a jeep or truck, while at the same time, comfortable like a four door sedan. I've always been a dodge owner from trucks to sedans, and Dodge spared no expense by simply bringing it all together in one small “hatchback”.
Favorite Features
Because I am a traveling musician, the SXT gives me all of the space I need and then some. It has several other hidden compartments to speak of; such as a cooler to place several beverages just above the glove compartment, one on top of the dash, and one in between the bucket seats. The SXT is a complete sound barrier making music a pleasure to listen, even down the highway. The stereo features CD, Aux In, FM/AM, and Satellite Stereo. Auto shift is in the perfect area. Everything is in reach without having to second guess. Back seats fold back and adjust for leg room. Four cup holders (two in front that are illuminated and two in back) and excellent lumbar support.
Suggested Improvements
There are no improvements that could be made as I was completely satisfied with the overall design, concept, and feel. I can only continue to add that the overall ride in the SXT is extremely comfortable and pleasurable.