2009 Dodge Caliber Consumer Review: Really nice car

2009 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Really nice car
By Ian on

2009 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for several months and, overall, it is really a nice car. It is the SE base model with the 1.8 liter engine. I bought the manual shift as I am using it to tow behind my RV. I added cruise control, power windows and power door locks. I would not recommend anyone to install the above after market stuff as it has been kind of a hassle, but it all works well. I have no idea why any auto company would sell a car without cruise, power windows, door locks and mirrors, it just does not make sense. The car is slightly slow if you want to race another driver, but overall is powered with the manual just fine. There is a blind spot at the rear sides, use rear view mirrors.

Nice comfortable driving position, nice to shift and a pleasant car that feels safe to drive. Good room in the rear.

For automakers, don't sell cars that don't have cruise, power door locks, mirrors and power rear view mirrors.