Not luxurious but decent little ride
By bryancpe on
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car new and I've put 66000 miles on this car without a need for any repairs. The ride is comfortable but not luxurious by any means. The ride is fairly smooth and gets great mileage. Typically I get 30-31 mpg. On long interstate trips I get about 28. Why you might ask do I get lesser mpg? It has a tiny engine (2.0L) that works harder to maintain 70+ mph speeds. I keep up with the maintenance religiously as I live in the hot desert of Arizona and want this vehicle to last. The vehicle idles heavy and is weak on the acceleration. The cabin is bit small but I do have two toddler car seats in the back seat. Cargo space can be limited, especially with a big stroller. Does the job!
Favorite Features
The gas mileage is the best feature. The price point for this vehicle is just right. Dodge put a lifetime warranty on the drive train on this model year for original owners. That means as long as I maintain the vehicle properly and drive it for the next couple decades that they still cover it. When used for cargo, ALL the seats can fold down (minus the driver obviously). I carried 8 foot objects before.
Suggested Improvements
Solve the heavy idling (vibration) problem. Need a better armrest (maybe add a pad). More convenient passenger drink holder. Improve driver left leg space because it is a bit tight.