2009 Dodge Caliber 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I've driven better.....

2009 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Review

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

SXT Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I've driven better.....
By rlfeen on

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my Caliber. It currently has 136k~ miles on it. Roomy car, love the exterior. Interior is nice, however the design hasn't aged well. A TON of plastic. Plastic is everywhere is there are NO soft touch materials except the headliner and seats. HORRIBLE suspension. Replaced lower control arms, ball joints, you name I've replaced it. Luckily I bought a GREAT warranty. Drives great on the highway. Smooth and quiet. city driving is okay, hate the CVT especially in the city. Feels like it takes for ever to get up and go. (it is a larger car so I guess this is expected). Paint is still pretty good. I have black so it shows EVERY flaw.

Favorite Features

Smooth and quiet, especially on the highway. Exterior looks. Great for hauling stuff. I hauled a 5x8' UHAUL from MD to AZ and it did just fine. Pretty reliable. Starting to age and I will be getting rid of it soon.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously Dodge just scrapped the whole design of the Caliber after a 5 year run. The Dart is a lot better. Suspension, quality in general, paint, interior. Had to replace alternator, fuel pump, A/C compressor, all of suspension.