2009 Dodge Caliber Consumer Review: Great car!

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Review

Great car!
By KD on

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I took advantage of the cash for clunkers and got an amazing deal on this car. I have been driving a Mazda Protege 5 for the last 8 years. While the Caliber cannot compare to the Mazda in terms of performance, it is still a great car. It is a bit sluggish on takeoff, but using the CVT option takes care of that. My gas mileage has steadily increased as the engine has broken in and I am now averaging 29-30 mpg city and highway combined. My 6' friends are very comfortable in the backseat and have plenty of leg and head room. The cargo storage is amazing, especially with the rear seats down.

Auto rearview mirror dim, lighted cupholders, excellent stereo, drop down speakers for tailgating, sits high and allows a great view of the road ahead.

Needs a luggage/roof rack! I do not understand why this car doesn't have the option. I probably would have looked closer at the Compass had I known. Also big blind spots on the rear sides.