Cushy Riding Sleek Best Deal
By jonwest on
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I selected the Caliber SXT a/t w/2.0 CVT. I drove 4 models over two months. The total rebates motivated me to buy, plus my shiny Red Caliber was a minimum of 20% less compared to competitors model's which would have fit my wants and needs. It has plenty of power for my mountainous terrain. It's quick enough to pass others safely on two lane roads. At 25 to 45 it provides a comfortable stress free ride. It's smooth, even "cushy." Same applies when driving at 70 mph on busy interstate highways. It fits a lot of gear: boxes, cases, stuff, amps, guitars, keyboards, drums, even an upright bass! My wife also likes driving it.
Favorite Features
Seats- material and feel; dash design, stereo and ac/heat. vent control accessibility; overall feel when driving or stopped; Overall exterior lines and look. Front grille that looks like the famous RAM truck; back lights and rear spoiler; movable arm rest and three internal storage compartments.
Suggested Improvements
Mug-holder slits should be at 11 and 4 not 9 and 3. The emergency brake at 3 o clock interferes with sitting a mug into the recessed cup-holders. You can only fit a mug with a handle in one way, and even then the handle presses to tightly against the driver's seat cushion.