Caliber on Fire
By losam on
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Until now I have had no problems; but 12 minutes into my commute to work on February 28th proved to be fatal for my car and the truck parked beside it. There was the odor of something burning so I turned of everything electrical that I could think of that might be the cause. After coming to a complete stop in the parking lot at my workplace, I noticed steam coming from under the hood and the odor of antifreeze. Three minutes later, the engine compartment totally engulfed in flames resulting in a total lose 20 minutes later. The fire was so hot that its color was almost white. Still waiting to hear what caused the fire. Only 28,600 miles on this ride!
Favorite Features
Heated seats, Sirius xm radio, Fuel effeciency(23mpg - City -- 28mpg - Highway), Easy to park, 115-volt outlet, Chill-Zone beverage storage, and the powerful feel of the 2.0, 4-cylinder engine (Nice).
Suggested Improvements
Overall a nice ride while it lasted. The only suggestion, find the reason for the fire before someone becomes a fatality. Five more minutes behind the wheel of this car and I might have become that fatality.