Best car for the money
By Dave K on
2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Lee Iacocca said it best many years ago - "if you can find a better car - buy it". This car is one of the best cars I have found for day to day driving. It has everything you need and even some extras. This car has it all over the Ford Escort wagon that I traded in for the Caliber. I have been a design engineer for many years, so I feel that I can say with some authority, that this car is a good solid machine with no serious design flaws. It will last for many years in daily driving with very few problems (no - I don't work for an auto company!). This is the first "small" car that I have seen with midsize car seating room and comfort.
Favorite Features
The CVT is the best thing to happen to the automotive world - I'm glad this car has one. I also like the firm ride, and SUV - like seating position. The interior is made of rugged easy to keep clean materials. High crash test ratings (5 star) due to its "heavy duty" construction (over 3000 lbs).
Suggested Improvements
A little more room in the cargo area would go a long way to improving this car. A little more attention to minor cosmetic details would not hurt either. And, as always - no one would cry if the gas mileage were a bit better