2009 Dodge Caliber Consumer Review: Best car for the money

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Review

Best car for the money
By Dave K on

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Lee Iacocca said it best many years ago - "if you can find a better car - buy it". This car is one of the best cars I have found for day to day driving. It has everything you need and even some extras. This car has it all over the Ford Escort wagon that I traded in for the Caliber. I have been a design engineer for many years, so I feel that I can say with some authority, that this car is a good solid machine with no serious design flaws. It will last for many years in daily driving with very few problems (no - I don't work for an auto company!). This is the first "small" car that I have seen with midsize car seating room and comfort.

The CVT is the best thing to happen to the automotive world - I'm glad this car has one. I also like the firm ride, and SUV - like seating position. The interior is made of rugged easy to keep clean materials. High crash test ratings (5 star) due to its "heavy duty" construction (over 3000 lbs).

A little more room in the cargo area would go a long way to improving this car. A little more attention to minor cosmetic details would not hurt either. And, as always - no one would cry if the gas mileage were a bit better