2009 Dodge Caliber Consumer Review: 6000 Miles No Problems - Like

2009 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

6000 Miles No Problems - Like the Car
By Charles on

2009 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the SE trim with automatic CVT and 2.0 motor. I like the car. Best feature is the high seats. Worst feature is the right side mirror. I had to buy a small round mirror to correct the blind spot. On the highway I hit 70-80+ mph and the car handles well. I like the way CVT as it does not shift, it provides constant acceleration. When it was new, it took about 50 miles to start driving well. It just seemed like the car needed a break in period. I did not purchase the lifetime warranty as the power train is covered for life time of the original owner. I did a great deal of research on the problems with the Caliber. It seems the 2007... continued...

It seems the 2007 year models had a number of issues. My 2009 runs well and I have had NO issues with the car. I am happy and recommend the car. My wife bought a 2009 Pontiac Vibe and I like to drive the Caliber over the Vibe / Matrix.