Used 2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

There are better hatches
By himoses

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had the displeasure of driving the Caliber. This is not a bad car compared to garbage made in the 1980ís, but is far inferior to a lot of hatches on the market. This car drives like a brick. If you get a good deal, then I could see this being a decent commuter car if you only drive on the highway. If you like to drive, find something else. My personal affordable favorite hatches are the Hyundai Elantra Touring and the Mazda 3. This car is not in either of these carís league.

Higher seating position on the road. Low cabin noise and decent suspension.

Poor acceleration. Transmission shifts roughly. Gas mileage is subpar. Very boisterous, whiney engine if you push it. Ugly car. Lots of body roll in cornering. Poor handling.

love this car
By monana

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

dodge needs to learn how to market their cars. tested toyota matrix and pontiac vibe. this car far superior in style, comfort, interior room and price. love it!

interior room and comfort

none

Love my new Caliber
By northstarruthie

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this about a month but it is the first vehicle I truly love! I love sitting higher and the comfortable seats. Great ride. Gas mileage is good. Bought the lifetime warrenty so I feel safe for the long term.

Lifetime warrenty that I purchased. Starburst orange color. Drink holders that glow at night. Lots of storage. Fold down seats for more storage space. Free Satalite radio for a year!

I'm not fond of the drink holder on the back seat floor. Maybe good if you have kids.

Bargain - can't beat it
By BOTA

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car is great overall. Only complaint is the engine is a bit underpowered in certain circumstances. For the price - unbeatable

Style, comfort, handling

Low end engine needs more power

Great car!
By KD

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I took advantage of the cash for clunkers and got an amazing deal on this car. I have been driving a Mazda Protege 5 for the last 8 years. While the Caliber cannot compare to the Mazda in terms of performance, it is still a great car. It is a bit sluggish on takeoff, but using the CVT option takes care of that. My gas mileage has steadily increased as the engine has broken in and I am now averaging 29-30 mpg city and highway combined. My 6' friends are very comfortable in the backseat and have plenty of leg and head room. The cargo storage is amazing, especially with the rear seats down.

Auto rearview mirror dim, lighted cupholders, excellent stereo, drop down speakers for tailgating, sits high and allows a great view of the road ahead.

Needs a luggage/roof rack! I do not understand why this car doesn't have the option. I probably would have looked closer at the Compass had I known. Also big blind spots on the rear sides.