2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
A Lot of Car for the Money
By tomfann on 06/04/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Most professional reviews of the Dodge Caliber complain it is underpowered, has mediocre handling, and has a cheap interior. My wife and I could not disagree more. Our car is a joy to drive! The CVT and 2.0L engine rapidly accelerate the car with turbine-like smoothness. The steering is quick and responsive. The ride is firm (though was stiff when new). The car handles very well; I can't detect any body lean going around corners. The controls are quite intuitive and well thought-out. The fit'n'finish is flawless. The interior is tasteful, restrained, very comfortable, and very high quality. We haven't yet found one manufacturing defect. 27 mpg in mostly city driving. We love our Caliber!

What a nice Surprise!
By artist on 06/01/09 00:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great for transporting to art fairs large pictures, etc. Easy getting in and out of seats - love the set up of being higher in the seats looking out the wide span windows, makes one feel like sitting in a small jet cockpit! I did however, pinstriped the sides at the top line with gold pinstriping and it really set it off! Did'nt realize how much I would use the cold glove box until I left them in it and came out from shopping and they were still cold! Great stereo! Wish I could do something with all of the lights going on after stopping and and then fading. Great riding in it - smooth, but a little noisy than my last Toyota. But a lot easier to drive. A well thought out car design.

Economic & Roomy
By Jose R. Garcia on 05/28/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Our car performs extremely well since the first day. We have not had to worry about the car's reliability at all. The car drives safely and smoothly. Owning this vehicle has been a pleasant experience overall.

I'm so happy
By DJJ on 02/04/09 08:09 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm from Europe and I just bought Dodge Caliber. I love it, I really do. It gives security and pleasure at same time. My family is very happy with a choice. For money, there is no better choice. I search for best car for me about 6 months, and this is by far the best on the market in segment and price range.

Fun 2 drive
By megrow67 on 01/26/09 11:39 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage. Comfortable, 4x2 drives great in snow better than I thought. Easy to wash. Easy to get into. Have a lot of options for the price. Get up and go to be 4 clyinder

Awesome Caliber Review
By 1qwalker on 12/30/08 15:38 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Caliber for almost five months now and I love everything about it. It's fun to drive and has a great style.

Judge by Driving!
By synesthesia on 09/16/08 00:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Sitting inside, the headroom and line of sight is higher than most other "little cars". Feels like a small SUV, mileage like a sub-compact. The long rake of the windshield, large roof pillars and long low windows gives one the feel of sitting in an aircraft cockpit. The engine has a lovely "throaty roar" to it when pushed to perform. Like no other economy car I've ever heard. "Smooth, Sleek and Powerful" are the best words to describe the feel of driving this car. I love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon in VA is:

$124 per month*