2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
Best car for the money
By Dave K on 08/10/09 13:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Lee Iacocca said it best many years ago - "if you can find a better car - buy it". This car is one of the best cars I have found for day to day driving. It has everything you need and even some extras. This car has it all over the Ford Escort wagon that I traded in for the Caliber. I have been a design engineer for many years, so I feel that I can say with some authority, that this car is a good solid machine with no serious design flaws. It will last for many years in daily driving with very few problems (no - I don't work for an auto company!). This is the first "small" car that I have seen with midsize car seating room and comfort.

Great car
By Surfer boy on 08/06/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We love the Caliber SXT. It is like a small version of the Ford Edge. The CVT transmission is great. Good fuel economy and sporty. We looked at the Honda Fit and Nissan Versa. This car drives way better and feels like a car, not a toy. I would highly recommend the car. For the money, no one comes close to such a car. Best of all, it is American made in Illinois.

Love my car
By BDR on 08/01/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the SXT and love it. Plenty of power, great handling, and fun features make it a joy to drive. Beautiful finish and design. Quality great. This is my first smaller car, and very impressed.

Cushy Riding Sleek Best Deal
By jonwest on 08/01/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I selected the Caliber SXT a/t w/2.0 CVT. I drove 4 models over two months. The total rebates motivated me to buy, plus my shiny Red Caliber was a minimum of 20% less compared to competitors model's which would have fit my wants and needs. It has plenty of power for my mountainous terrain. It's quick enough to pass others safely on two lane roads. At 25 to 45 it provides a comfortable stress free ride. It's smooth, even "cushy." Same applies when driving at 70 mph on busy interstate highways. It fits a lot of gear: boxes, cases, stuff, amps, guitars, keyboards, drums, even an upright bass! My wife also likes driving it.

What a wonderful car!
By ejman on 07/30/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased after test driving the Scion XD, Nissan versa, Nissan Cube, KIA Soul, Chevrolet HHR. The Caliber is a far more substantial car, not "tiny" feeling at all. I got the 1.8 engine with the 5 speed manual transmission. What an outstanding combination. The car feels wonderful, corners really flat with great handling. Just took it out yesterday to the coast on a really windy hilly road. Great passing ability, pulls up just fine on hills. (Also 35+ MPG). It hit 111 yesterday, the AC works just great no problem at all keeping up with that heat on next to the lowest setting on the AC.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0 CVT
By Dodge Man on 07/16/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

All I can say about this car is that it has everything you need and more and for 2009 they have really cut down on wind and engine noise from 2007 and for 2010 they are getting a new interior.

This Caliber Rocks!
By Bullrun on 07/13/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'll say it right away... getting 33MPG and car is only two weeks old - 5 speed manual. 60% Hwy / 40% City Driving. Ride is comfortable. Bumps in road jolt the car, but not too bad. Quiet ride for type of car. Road noise is average I'd say. Toys inside are fun. GPS/MyGig unit is great. Downloading music is simple. Steering Wheel controls are great! UConnect bluetooth is the best! Car looks great with all the angles and wheels. Speakers are great. Pretty loud, no distortion. Handles well on corners. Headlights are nice and bright. Engine is quiet. Nav works great with real time traffic info.

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT
By SIMO86 on 06/20/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After looking at the 2010 Prius, 2009 Honda Fit, I've decided on the Caliber based on its superior exterior design, economical valve (cheapest of the three), safety features and roominess. Each of these categories, I found the Caliber had the advantage. Although the other two cars beat out my sexy Dodge in fuel economy, it would take years before the fuel economy to be an advantage since this car is $4000 cheaper than the Fit and $8000 cheaper than the Prius. I love the fact that I can fit my family of four comfortably. The ride is smooth.

IN A CLASS ALL IT'S OWN
By shelli59 on 06/13/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Caliber only 3 weeks ago. I bought the car on the spur of the moment, and am happy to say it was an excellent choice. Compared to other cars in it's class, it is comfortably roomy and has good acceleration. And I've been getting 30+ mpg, driving both city and highway! If you can love a car, then I've met my soul mate.

A Lot of Car for the Money
By tomfann on 06/04/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Most professional reviews of the Dodge Caliber complain it is underpowered, has mediocre handling, and has a cheap interior. My wife and I could not disagree more. Our car is a joy to drive! The CVT and 2.0L engine rapidly accelerate the car with turbine-like smoothness. The steering is quick and responsive. The ride is firm (though was stiff when new). The car handles very well; I can't detect any body lean going around corners. The controls are quite intuitive and well thought-out. The fit'n'finish is flawless. The interior is tasteful, restrained, very comfortable, and very high quality. We haven't yet found one manufacturing defect. 27 mpg in mostly city driving. We love our Caliber!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon in NJ is:

$204 per month*