2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
love this car
By monana on 11/18/09 13:21 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

dodge needs to learn how to market their cars. tested toyota matrix and pontiac vibe. this car far superior in style, comfort, interior room and price. love it!

Love my new Caliber
By northstarruthie on 10/29/09 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this about a month but it is the first vehicle I truly love! I love sitting higher and the comfortable seats. Great ride. Gas mileage is good. Bought the lifetime warrenty so I feel safe for the long term.

Bargain - can't beat it
By BOTA on 10/20/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car is great overall. Only complaint is the engine is a bit underpowered in certain circumstances. For the price - unbeatable

Great car!
By KD on 10/17/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I took advantage of the cash for clunkers and got an amazing deal on this car. I have been driving a Mazda Protege 5 for the last 8 years. While the Caliber cannot compare to the Mazda in terms of performance, it is still a great car. It is a bit sluggish on takeoff, but using the CVT option takes care of that. My gas mileage has steadily increased as the engine has broken in and I am now averaging 29-30 mpg city and highway combined. My 6' friends are very comfortable in the backseat and have plenty of leg and head room. The cargo storage is amazing, especially with the rear seats down.

Love this car
By bigd on 10/16/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I drove several different cars and finally selected the Caliber. We chose the R/T because we wanted the the power the 2.4L provided. All the little extras have turned out to be a lot of fun and add to the enjoyment of ownership. This is a lot of car for the money.

An excellent car with good mileage
By Mike M on 09/30/09 10:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had owned 5 Neons over the years before buying the Caliber. I am still disappointed about he termination of Neon, but I am extatic about this Dodge. Great mileage at 32-33 mpg..(I haven't taken it on a trip yet). The ride is superb and handling is great. The power is more than adequate, even with the tiny engine. I am very happy with the Caliber overall. The lighted cup holders are a wonderful dafety feature in my opinion.

I call my Cali Sally
By CrazyBoutCali on 09/18/09 03:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car. I love this car. It is fairly quick, has a roomy and comfortable interior that is easy to keep clean and looking brand new, it has 17 inch wheels, anti-lock brakes are standard and has lots of airbags for safety. I read some "professional" reviews and they aren't so hot. I don't understand them at all. They clain the Cali is underpowered. BALONEY, I say. I have a 2.0 litre SXT and I am impressed with the power she puts out. I also own a 1979 Corvette 350 c.i. and I know speed and power first hand. I'm not saying the Cali is a Vette, but she will hold her own in her class. Anyways, it's all about decent power and good gas mileage for me. And it gets 28 mpg.

Great Car!
By KBentley57 on 09/07/09 06:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The review is actually for the SXT with the 2.0L and CVT. After trading in my old Dakota and taking advantage of a $5,000 rebate from Dodge, I purchased a new orange Caliber for $11,500 out the door! After looking at a fit, I decided to go this route instead. It is much larger, roomier, and better looking in my opinion. The gas mileage is great for a car of this size! I get about 32 mpg on my daily commute of 90 miles, traveling at no more than 60 mph. One year of free Sirius radio was also a plus! Dodge needs to do a better job of advertising their offers.

cash for clunkers
By erin on 09/05/09 20:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I guess compared to driving a 1998 Jeep wrangler for 8 years a moped would seem more economical. I'm not knocking my hot little black convertible it was just time to put it down. And it came at the absolute perfect time. With 218,000 miles I traded that Jeep for a brand new 2009 Dodge caliber. I got 3,500.00 for the clunker and then Dodge matched it with an additional 3,500.00. Best deal ever! I love it. I have air conditioning, speed, good gas mileage, and it's so quiet. I have to admit, I did cry when I had to give up the first car I had ever bought with my own money, and I still have the key, but what a difference. It really makes me appreciate the road. I love my new caliber

Great Car!!!
By Surfer on 08/23/09 05:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Took the new car on Vacation. We love it. The car drives great. The elevated seating is awesome. The Sirius satellite radio is great. Good MPG. The Chill Zone is cool. We love the car. There is nothing else like it out there. The Fit is El-Cheapo compared to the Caliber. The Vibe is nice, but no options at this price. I would recommend a test drive. It is one great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.