Used 2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Poor Ride
By Gill

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I would have bought something else. The gas mileage is terrible for this size car. I get about 24-28 mpg when the information I had said 33 mpg. I have only 36,500 miles on it and it has a terrible suspension noise and will need to go in shop next week. I have already told several people who asked me if I liked this car "DO NOT BUY THIS CAR”. The seating is comfortable for me but the interior is very awkward in its layout, everything is very tight. The car is OK for its exterior styling but the sheet metal is very thin. If you close the door with the window open it feels like the door is going to ripe off the hinges The CVT transmission makes odd sounds in slow traffic.

Driver seat is comfortable

Better quality control.

1st new car
By javaman

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Cash for Clunkers was a huge help. I got rid of my 90 Ford Aerostar, just in time. The first week I had it I loaded it up and drove my oldest to college, after a year of ownership I have dealt with a couple huge snow storms, at one point I had driven into snow so deep that from the windshield forward was under snow, I dug out the front wheels and backed right out. The daily driving is fun I travel back roads to work that have hills and turns and this little 5-speed with a 1.8l engine sticks to the road and is quite fun. I love the features, and it is a great car.

The radio, and Satellite radio are cool. The millage is great, it's quick responsive and agile. The wheels are nice too, and the silver paint.

Black carbon-fiber hood with cowl induction would be cool.

Way Cooler Than a Minivan!
By Sandi

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Caliber for a year now and my husband and I have been very pleased with it. After driving a Chevy Venture for 10 years, I was really excited to have something sportier and I have not been disappointed. This car is fun to drive and and it looks great. I still get a lot of compliments on it. The controls are easy to use, it handles well and has been completely reliable.

Sirius radio, cool exterior, good gas mileage, lots of cargo room, light up cup holders!, three seat belts in back, dependable, handled well in the snow

I wish the door locks lit up-very hard to find in the dark. Need a place to put my purse without covering up emergency brake when I have a front seat passenger.

I love my Caliber
By Sheila

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Caliber this week So far it has been a blast to drive. I was so surprised how much pep it's got for a small engine. It's also very smooth, you don't even feel the gear shift, I love that. I also love the way it feels like an SUV but looks like a sporty car. So far I love everything about it.

smooth transmission, exterior sporty design , illuminated cup holders, 3 compartment glove box

I wish the rear window went down, that would be nice.

Really nice car
By Ian

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for several months and, overall, it is really a nice car. It is the SE base model with the 1.8 liter engine. I bought the manual shift as I am using it to tow behind my RV. I added cruise control, power windows and power door locks. I would not recommend anyone to install the above after market stuff as it has been kind of a hassle, but it all works well. I have no idea why any auto company would sell a car without cruise, power windows, door locks and mirrors, it just does not make sense. The car is slightly slow if you want to race another driver, but overall is powered with the manual just fine. There is a blind spot at the rear sides, use rear view mirrors.

Nice comfortable driving position, nice to shift and a pleasant car that feels safe to drive. Good room in the rear.

For automakers, don't sell cars that don't have cruise, power door locks, mirrors and power rear view mirrors.