2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
Poor Ride
By Gill on 08/06/10 18:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I would have bought something else. The gas mileage is terrible for this size car. I get about 24-28 mpg when the information I had said 33 mpg. I have only 36,500 miles on it and it has a terrible suspension noise and will need to go in shop next week. I have already told several people who asked me if I liked this car "DO NOT BUY THIS CAR”. The seating is comfortable for me but the interior is very awkward in its layout, everything is very tight. The car is OK for its exterior styling but the sheet metal is very thin. If you close the door with the window open it feels like the door is going to ripe off the hinges The CVT transmission makes odd sounds in slow traffic.

1st new car
By javaman on 07/10/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Cash for Clunkers was a huge help. I got rid of my 90 Ford Aerostar, just in time. The first week I had it I loaded it up and drove my oldest to college, after a year of ownership I have dealt with a couple huge snow storms, at one point I had driven into snow so deep that from the windshield forward was under snow, I dug out the front wheels and backed right out. The daily driving is fun I travel back roads to work that have hills and turns and this little 5-speed with a 1.8l engine sticks to the road and is quite fun. I love the features, and it is a great car.

Way Cooler Than a Minivan!
By Sandi on 06/30/10 20:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Caliber for a year now and my husband and I have been very pleased with it. After driving a Chevy Venture for 10 years, I was really excited to have something sportier and I have not been disappointed. This car is fun to drive and and it looks great. I still get a lot of compliments on it. The controls are easy to use, it handles well and has been completely reliable.

I love my Caliber
By Sheila on 06/16/10 11:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Caliber this week So far it has been a blast to drive. I was so surprised how much pep it's got for a small engine. It's also very smooth, you don't even feel the gear shift, I love that. I also love the way it feels like an SUV but looks like a sporty car. So far I love everything about it.

Really nice car
By Ian on 04/24/10 18:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for several months and, overall, it is really a nice car. It is the SE base model with the 1.8 liter engine. I bought the manual shift as I am using it to tow behind my RV. I added cruise control, power windows and power door locks. I would not recommend anyone to install the above after market stuff as it has been kind of a hassle, but it all works well. I have no idea why any auto company would sell a car without cruise, power windows, door locks and mirrors, it just does not make sense. The car is slightly slow if you want to race another driver, but overall is powered with the manual just fine. There is a blind spot at the rear sides, use rear view mirrors.

Great car for the money
By RW on 02/21/10 19:25 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drove a couple when test riding, along with some other vehicles in the price range. Read some reviews about low power so I was a little concerned but not much. Car is fine. Drives great. If you like the look and the price go ahead and get it. Bought this car for the wife, in town driving with a 20 minute commute to work. Surprised she liked it. It was her call. Turned in a 2000 Honda Accord that we drove to its death.

Worst car ever made
By Jessica on 02/04/10 12:03 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We haven't had it long but I really wish I would not have bought it. So far it stinks in gas mileage. Gets a total of 20-25 mpg. At first I thought the gas handle was broke and the company promised to fix it in 3 months. We call back and they say 3 more months. It cant move in snow, I got stuck in my drive way but me buick got out just fine. Its broken down with only 6252 miles on it. If you asked me "should I buy this car?" I would say NEVER EVER EVER buy this car.

Horrible rental!!!
By BunyLuvr on 01/15/10 14:58 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

UGH! I rented this car on a trip recently and chose it because I love small hatchbacks; I drive a 2008 VW Rabbit at home. My college-age son, who couldn't care less about cars, immediately noticed the poor quality interior compared to our Rabbit. "Is this an American car?" he asked - and I doubt he would not say that about a newer Ford. Driving this thing is not pleasurable after driving German cars, either. It's just adequately powered, and the steering is not responsive at all. The car gets points for exterior styling, and I assume it's fairly reliable, but if you're looking for a small hatch, check out the Mazda3, new Golfs, Honda Fit, etc. before saddling yourself with this blah-burger

6000 Miles No Problems - Like the Car
By Charles on 01/10/10 20:44 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have the SE trim with automatic CVT and 2.0 motor. I like the car. Best feature is the high seats. Worst feature is the right side mirror. I had to buy a small round mirror to correct the blind spot. On the highway I hit 70-80+ mph and the car handles well. I like the way CVT as it does not shift, it provides constant acceleration. When it was new, it took about 50 miles to start driving well. It just seemed like the car needed a break in period. I did not purchase the lifetime warranty as the power train is covered for life time of the original owner. I did a great deal of research on the problems with the Caliber. It seems the 2007... continued...

May be better, but not for the price
By demonic_celery on 12/10/09 23:36 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a brand new R/T almost 6 months ago with leather package, sunroof, 6CD changer with 9 speakers(2 of which drop down from hatch door) and a year of sirius and a chrome package for under $20k. Getting ~28mpg. I did look at many other hatchbacks, and there are a few better out there, but you will pay a premium for a "better" new one than this. And buying new, having a LIFETIME powertain warranty, come one, VALUE. Alot of consumers don't seem to quite realize what a lifetime powertrain warranty means for value, if you take care of everything else, you can drive this for decades. I have seen the touchscreen in action for the stereo with bluetooth, and plan on upgrading to that in time.