2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
a happy ending
By randrushka on 06/30/14 05:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 09 RT caliber from a dealer, cosmetically in mint condition, drove decent, stereo rocked, and got a fair price. Within 2 weeks it left us stranded, engine just shut off and lights on dash went crazy. After a lot of back-and-forth dealer finally found an aftermarket chip in the vehicle and convinced us to give it another try - I'm glad we did. Besides removing the chip, they upgraded the cars computer software. The acceleration was still marginal, but after I put one bottle of lucas gas treatment and replaced the plugs with bosch platinum +4 it accelerates fine, and we love the car. Now it runs like it just came out of the factory, and we plan on keeping it a while.

Nice Vehicle
By queeniepreston on 10/03/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know why so many people are giving bad reviews. I drive the '09 SXT CVT 6 speed & automatic, sunroof, & it had 70,000 ml, ground effects, fog lamps, the seats can fold over & not to mention the cooler, & have driven it to for very long distances, up & down mountains. I only wish that I would've been on top of my game to actually take a look at the brakes, the inner wall of the tires, & strouts, this summer the 4 of us had a family reunion & we literally packed it up & headed up to Nashville, Tenn. & came back with extra stuff. It's a very handy vehicle, I can fit a huge brand new trash can without folding seats, guess it depends on how you drive your vehicle. Respect it.

I've driven better.....
By rlfeen on 09/14/13 02:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my Caliber. It currently has 136k~ miles on it. Roomy car, love the exterior. Interior is nice, however the design hasn't aged well. A TON of plastic. Plastic is everywhere is there are NO soft touch materials except the headliner and seats. HORRIBLE suspension. Replaced lower control arms, ball joints, you name I've replaced it. Luckily I bought a GREAT warranty. Drives great on the highway. Smooth and quiet. city driving is okay, hate the CVT especially in the city. Feels like it takes for ever to get up and go. (it is a larger car so I guess this is expected). Paint is still pretty good. I have black so it shows EVERY flaw.

Junk
By gedged on 06/20/13 13:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First, the car is a total slug. Makes alot of noise and goes no where. If you're merging onto the highway, PLAN AHEAD. If there is a vehicle coming, let it go by to give you a LONG launch pad... The auto trans is the worst unit I have seen. It's variable = junk. Finally- the antifreeze problem. When I left the dealership, the car overheated 5 minutes down the road. The radiator was only a 1/4 full!!!! After that, I would have to fill it every week...No puddles under the car, no obvious leaks, clean oil.. So, where did the fluid go?!?! In closing, with exception of the gas mileage, this was the biggest auto purchase MISTAKE I have made!!!!

Caliber on Fire
By losam on 03/05/13 20:10 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Until now I have had no problems; but 12 minutes into my commute to work on February 28th proved to be fatal for my car and the truck parked beside it. There was the odor of something burning so I turned of everything electrical that I could think of that might be the cause. After coming to a complete stop in the parking lot at my workplace, I noticed steam coming from under the hood and the odor of antifreeze. Three minutes later, the engine compartment totally engulfed in flames resulting in a total lose 20 minutes later. The fire was so hot that its color was almost white. Still waiting to hear what caused the fire. Only 28,600 miles on this ride!

Not luxurious but decent little ride
By bryancpe on 06/01/12 10:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and I've put 66000 miles on this car without a need for any repairs. The ride is comfortable but not luxurious by any means. The ride is fairly smooth and gets great mileage. Typically I get 30-31 mpg. On long interstate trips I get about 28. Why you might ask do I get lesser mpg? It has a tiny engine (2.0L) that works harder to maintain 70+ mph speeds. I keep up with the maintenance religiously as I live in the hot desert of Arizona and want this vehicle to last. The vehicle idles heavy and is weak on the acceleration. The cabin is bit small but I do have two toddler car seats in the back seat. Cargo space can be limited, especially with a big stroller. Does the job!

2009 Caliber
By sm3230 on 05/10/11 15:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 27000 miles on it and now I have just under 52000, and the transmission went. The warranty expired at 36000, so if you are going to buy one of these cars, beware ! How dare they charge you for an extended warranty, when they know that the product they are selling is crap....

Great car!
By Jaime on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for just over a year and it has AMAZING gas mileage! Even in the city i was getting anywhere from 25-28 MPG. Even got 30 MPG in the mountains! Going from a vehicle with 18 MPG freeway to this is SO nice. The back is roomy and fits a ton! Its a quiet ride and smooth and has some giddy up and go to it for a small engine.

Unsure
By LaVerne on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Within the 1st month the tire pressure sensor had gone up. Within a few months later the tire stem on the other side of my car had snapped and once again had to get another tire pressure sensor.I went to the dealer about this and was told the tire stems break often and the company was unsure why. The car looks great on the outside but when dealing with the interior it is weak.Because it looks like a truck I was assuming it had power but it doesn't have much. My brakes squeaked at 40,000 miles and I had the brakes checked and was told this was normal. Air filter needs to be change a lot. One word this car is affordable but may need early repairs.

Caliber is a great small car!
By jken02 on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have almost 30,000 miles on my Caliber and it has been an excellent car. I've seen some of the other Caliber reviews, where the owners had immediate problems, all I can say is that my car has been outstanding with zero issues. I've owned seven different Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep products over the past 20 years, and they have been fantastic cars. Nice cars, great prices, and the reliability has been outstanding.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Caliber Wagon in VA is:

$119 per month*