Used 2009 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Caliber

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Lemons Are Us
By Bill Rafajko

2009 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a dream lemon. If you love spending money; getting towed; frequently driving rentals and paying for them ... then this is the car for you. I've decided to get the car painted lemon yellow as dreamy blue is a misnomer.

Dodge Caliber 2009
By Neil webb

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car no problems at all

a happy ending
By randrushka

2009 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 09 RT caliber from a dealer, cosmetically in mint condition, drove decent, stereo rocked, and got a fair price. Within 2 weeks it left us stranded, engine just shut off and lights on dash went crazy. After a lot of back-and-forth dealer finally found an aftermarket chip in the vehicle and convinced us to give it another try - I'm glad we did. Besides removing the chip, they upgraded the cars computer software. The acceleration was still marginal, but after I put one bottle of lucas gas treatment and replaced the plugs with bosch platinum +4 it accelerates fine, and we love the car. Now it runs like it just came out of the factory, and we plan on keeping it a while.

Love the sporty exterior, and it runs great after a few minor upgrades. Fun to drive.

Only one thing I really don't care for - The stupid hollowed-out plastic headrest in the RT is godawfully uncomfortable.

Nice Vehicle
By queeniepreston

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I don't know why so many people are giving bad reviews. I drive the '09 SXT CVT 6 speed & automatic, sunroof, & it had 70,000 ml, ground effects, fog lamps, the seats can fold over & not to mention the cooler, & have driven it to for very long distances, up & down mountains. I only wish that I would've been on top of my game to actually take a look at the brakes, the inner wall of the tires, & strouts, this summer the 4 of us had a family reunion & we literally packed it up & headed up to Nashville, Tenn. & came back with extra stuff.
It's a very handy vehicle, I can fit a huge brand new trash can without folding seats, guess it depends on how you drive your vehicle. Respect it.

Cooler, air conditioning, sunroof, wipers in the back & front, ground effects. Learning how to drive manual, then being able to switch back to automatic when I get tired of manual, keeping my drinks a little cooler when I use the air condition.

I wish it was a six cylinder or better yet, the company should've continued producing it, cause it's a dependable vehicle.

I've driven better.....
By rlfeen

2009 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my Caliber. It currently has 136k~ miles on it.

Roomy car, love the exterior. Interior is nice, however the design hasn't aged well. A TON of plastic. Plastic is everywhere is there are NO soft touch materials except the headliner and seats.

HORRIBLE suspension. Replaced lower control arms, ball joints, you name I've replaced it. Luckily I bought a GREAT warranty.

Drives great on the highway. Smooth and quiet.
city driving is okay, hate the CVT especially in the city. Feels like it takes for ever to get up
and go. (it is a larger car so I guess this is expected).

Paint is still pretty good. I have black so it shows EVERY flaw.

Smooth and quiet, especially on the highway. Exterior looks. Great for hauling stuff. I hauled a 5x8' UHAUL from MD to AZ and it did just fine. Pretty reliable. Starting to age and I will be getting rid of it soon.

Obviously Dodge just scrapped the whole design of the Caliber after a 5 year run. The Dart is a lot better. Suspension, quality in general, paint, interior. Had to replace alternator, fuel pump, A/C compressor, all of suspension.