2008 Dodge Caliber Consumer Review: A Very Economical Choice

2008 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Review

2008 Dodge Caliber

SE Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A Very Economical Choice
By derik187 on

2008 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my caliber used in Nov 2009 with 32k miles. I am the second owner of the vehicle and have put over 20k on it. The caliber has the interior space of a small suv with compact car gas mileage. My 2.0 4cyl w/CVT regularly averages 31 mpg per tank. Outside of routine maintenance I've not had to do a thing to the car. The car rides comfortably, handles great, and with decent tires it performs well in inclement weather. I chose the caliber for the fuel economy, interior/cargo space, unique styling, and price (mine was sub 10k). I test drove many vehicles in it's class (cobalt, versa, matrix, fit) and the caliber won out in most categories for me.

I am 6'1" and drive constantly for work. The ample legroom and bolstered seats are great for long drives. On curvy the roads the sharp handling can make driving very fun. With the back seats folded down the amount of cargo space is unbelievable.

The plastic interior isn't the best but expected in this price range. However there does seem to be more interior fit and finish problem than other models. If you want good acceleration be warned that the CVT is definitely efficiency-minded so the 5 speed would be a better option.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review