2008 Dodge Caliber Consumer Review: Bad control arms

2008 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Review

Bad control arms
By ayork on

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in '08. Love the look of it, but just found out at 44,000 miles that both front lower control arms are bad. Same thing happened to another couple 3 months ago when we were both at the dealership getting oil changes. Any one else having this problem? I was quoted over 800.00 for parts and labor...money I don't have, but car needs to be fixed asap I'm told. Thinking of trading...owned lots of cars and never had problems like this with such low mileage. Was told it was due to "Michigan roads" Beware.

Favorite Features

Sporty look, roomy inside.

Suggested Improvements

Use better parts. Perhaps make visibility better when changing lanes, seems to be many blind spots.
By kytrailhikers
on 12/28/10 18:42 PM (PST)

I have 2008 SXT. A loud clanking when driving on highway started after hit 40,000 miles. Took it in to be checked today after reading reviews about suspension problem and they tell me suspension is tight but suspect bushings. I asked the control arms to be checked but hard to say they really do what you ask. I have a bad feeling. And oxygen sensor just went out. I too have never had any problems this early when owning a car and I always keep regular maintenance on them.

By lmilliken
on 10/23/14 15:46 PM (PDT)

I have a 2008 SE with 117,000. I bought this car new and within three months had to take it back to have I believe it was struts replaced. Also the outlet died in that short amount of time. I have had nothing but problems with this car since I bought it. Mostly front end problems, struts, tie rods, bushings, and I have had so much work done I don't remember what all. Today I took it to have the oil changed and I looked under the car and asked what was that rusted so bad and guess what it is the frame. Never buy a dodge again