Love at first, but then....
By kytrailhikers on
2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Got this car for ease of getting child in & out of car seat. Worked great for that & love the comfort and look of. Once 40,000 miles hit, the problems began. Started hearing loud clanking noise when driving on highway. I read numerous complaints about the Caliber having suspension problems. I panicked & took it right in. I didn't want to worry about my child riding in this car. Today they tell me they cannot find what is causing it... said the suspension is tight BUT suspect it is the bushings. They didn't want to take a part yet so has to get worse. AND my oxygen sensor quit so paid to get that fixed. I was not expecting all this so soon. Now I will continue to worry.
Favorite Features
Inside is so comfortable. Works great for getting child in and out of back. Sometimes when the front passenger seat is pushed all the way back, it hampers the person trying to sit in the back seat. Just takes getting used to. Gas mileage is awesome. Torque is terrible and pulling out into interstate traffic is a bit dangerous... no get up and go to this car.
Suggested Improvements
Dodge needs to work on suspension to this car.. make it stronger. Outside look is awesome and I see this car in great colors. They should keep making it but improve on suspension and motor so it stands more in competition with other cars that move out on the roadway, because the inside comfort is almost perfect in my eyes.