Whatever you do DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!
By katatomic on
2008 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased this car used in 2010 and I loved it at first mainly because it was the first time I had owned a car! My grandmother liked it so much that she bought one also about 6 months later. After that her transmission blew out after only 30,000 miles! She replaced the transmission costing her thousands and guess what? The second transmission started having problems. I thought it was just her car, but then today my caliber's transmission also died and now I have to get a whole new car because it isn't worth having this car anymore. Plastic covers keep breaking off, the AC unit has alway been terrible, had to replace the accelerator. Save yourself the time and money and look elsewhere.
Favorite Features
The sound system was probably the best part. Also, the seats folded down and allowed for extra room in the car for traveling, there is an Auxiliary outlet, and gets pretty good gas milage on the freeway.
Suggested Improvements
A.C. Unit, the cheap plastic coverings, the accelerator, and most importantly the transmission. See the review for more details.