2008 Dodge Caliber Consumer Review: Hidden Gem

2008 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Review

Hidden Gem
By blackwell2012 on

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cali SXT with a 2.0 liter engine new in 2008. I read about pepole dogging the model, but let me tell you it handles great. I'm a professional driver, and can attest to the cars nimble performance characteristics. I can routinely weave through 70 or 80 cars on a 23 mile early morning busy traffic run. The car is good off the line and mantains manuverability and tractionality at the 70 to 72 mile an hour range. That's about as fast as anyone goes in traffic or highway crusing anyhow. The cabin is comfortable, the Sirius satellite radio sounds nice on the speakers, and you always feel in command.The doors make a nice thump sound when you close them. Well made for the money paid.

You have to get the extended max warranty. I did and never regreted the $1800 cost paid @ $125 a month. I had my first tune up, brakes and rotors resurfaced at 52,000 miles last week. The car was also making creeking sounds at 5mph and 100 rpms. I paid a $100 deductable and Baker Dodge of Princeton ended up installing a brand new transmission. They also replaced the two front struts, left control arm, left bearing and hub, and both back shocks. The warranty saved me over $8,000 in repairs. Dodge's customer service at the dealership and with my corporate case manager was superb. The dealership also paid for my rental car for several days, as they took the time to get the car in tip top shape.

The Caliber has a sun roof and it has leaked when it rains hard. Quality of workmanship, and Made In America Pride, should be a key aspect of every stage of the auto manufacturing process. Dodge corporate HQ, now that they are partnered with Fiat, would be well served to use great service departments like Baker Dodge as examples for other franchises to follow. Corporate could brand market loyalty by making extended warranties available for anyone who owns a Dodge. With the cost of automotive reapirs nearly cost prohibitive for many American families, Dodge should lead the way, and offer monthly payments on large repair bills.