Used 2008 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Great Little Car!
By Doug

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I tested several similar cars and liked all of them but decided on the '08 Caliber. I have to say that I love this car and don't regret for a second the decision to buy it. I got the SXT with 2.0 and CVT and average 29-31 mpg consistently mostly driving to work and back. The CVT shifts smoothly and effortlessly and overall has a lot of pep, steering system is tight and responsive, ride is smooth and comfortable. I have owned nothing but GM and Honda vehicles for the past 20 years but went out on a limb and went with Dodge this time. I must admit that I'm quite impressed with this little car. Great job, Dodge!

CVT, Chillzone for long trips, Fantastic sound system with satellite and 6 disc, Comfortable seating and ride, Alloy rims, Rugged body styling, Sunroof

Power adapters need to stay hot when ignition if off, Cup holders for back seat get in the way.

Do not buy this car
By Nikki

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Six months after I bought this car the transmission has all but stopped working. I then find out that Chrysler has problems with these transmission.but certainly don't stand by their failure to provide a quality product. Then I find out Chrysler hasn't even released the tools to rebuild the transmission. I will have to get another one. This car is also horrible for comfort. My back hurts all the time while driving. This would only be good for a to and from work car...if you want to replace the transmission.

None

Chrysler needs to fix the transmission problems or replace the transmissions free of cost. The comfort needs improved drastically.

Junk
By Mark

2008 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's a 70,000 mile car. After that- look out. Alternator clutch- starter- tranny runs rough. Just not made for someone who needs dependability. And since it's "fairly new" part prices are outrageous. $200 for a starter. $120 for an alternator clutch. What the hell is that?

Mileage, of course.

CVT transmission. Like driving a moped..

Love My 1st Car!
By Tera

2008 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 21 yr old college student. I was recently looking for my 1st car and the caliber wasn't my 1st choice. Originally wanted an Aveo. I don't really know how I became interested in the caliber because I didn't know anything about them. Bought a 2008 SE and I absolutely love it. It rides really good, great stereo system and pretty cool features. I believe if ever I traded it in it would be for a newer model caliber! Just awesome!

Ride is smooth, stereo system. Very roomy even though I ride solo!

None

Good Rental Car
By JW2467

2008 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Dodge Caliber should be a hit with rental car companies. My car is reliable, and it gets good MPG. BUT it is very uncomfortable to ride in this car. Not much room for anything. Rear inside blind does not come out, so it really limits what you can put in the back. Went to trade it off, and found out Calibers do not hold there value at all. My next car will not be a Dodge, cause I am not thrilled with this car.

good on gas