2008 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
A Very Economical Choice
By derik187 on 09/06/10 19:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my caliber used in Nov 2009 with 32k miles. I am the second owner of the vehicle and have put over 20k on it. The caliber has the interior space of a small suv with compact car gas mileage. My 2.0 4cyl w/CVT regularly averages 31 mpg per tank. Outside of routine maintenance I've not had to do a thing to the car. The car rides comfortably, handles great, and with decent tires it performs well in inclement weather. I chose the caliber for the fuel economy, interior/cargo space, unique styling, and price (mine was sub 10k). I test drove many vehicles in it's class (cobalt, versa, matrix, fit) and the caliber won out in most categories for me.

Travel Car
By Aaron on 08/25/10 07:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my wife to have and to use on long trips and it is very comfortable and convenient. Dodge really packed the space into this seemingly cramped car. Back seat leg room is more than you'd expect due to the curve of the front chairs and the trunk looks small, but we have never needed more space even with a car load full of people and their luggage. There are tons of compartments, most notable the tri-fold glove compartment with 3 sections, one of which is cooled by the air conditioner. This is a great place for storing drinks and snacks. Also, for a factory set, the stereo is awesome. It's louder than my stereo with 8" subs and a 500 watt amp.

Wish I never bought Caliber!
By Patricia on 08/24/10 15:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my caliber in December of 07, since then, I've had to replace my gas gauge (and it's still messed up), my tire pressure light goes on and off whenever if wants, MY BRAKES are horrible! dodge won't do anything about it, they squeak, they get stuck, and it makes the car shake when I brake. Dodge uses cheap materials to make their cars. If I could go back I would definitely not have even looked into this car.

Terrible customer service
By mike c on 08/18/10 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I liked my Dodge for the first 18 months then started having problems first it needed a strut for the front end but that didn't fix problem now back shocks are making noise, so took to dealer and he said he cannot find problem, close to warranty ending, my last doge ever.

Dodge Caliber
By Chris on 08/05/10 07:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Dodge Caliber is a good above basic car and has an affordable price tag. Its performance is based on the maintenance of the CVT, you need to have it cleaned every 15,000 miles, then the car snaps when you accelerate. It could use a turbo version with the 4 cylinder, but the cost of the vehicle can reflect the turbo enhancement (Volvo does this - I own an S40 1.9T and love it). The car handles well in the snow, minus the all- wheel or 4 wheel option, due to the 17" tires and wide wheel base. The warning sensor are a flaky, but its due to the cable harnesses and connections. The car could use a little better suspension for a better ride. We like the car, just tweak it a little.

Great Little Car!
By Doug on 07/11/10 16:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I tested several similar cars and liked all of them but decided on the '08 Caliber. I have to say that I love this car and don't regret for a second the decision to buy it. I got the SXT with 2.0 and CVT and average 29-31 mpg consistently mostly driving to work and back. The CVT shifts smoothly and effortlessly and overall has a lot of pep, steering system is tight and responsive, ride is smooth and comfortable. I have owned nothing but GM and Honda vehicles for the past 20 years but went out on a limb and went with Dodge this time. I must admit that I'm quite impressed with this little car. Great job, Dodge!

Do not buy this car
By Nikki on 07/06/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Six months after I bought this car the transmission has all but stopped working. I then find out that Chrysler has problems with these transmission.but certainly don't stand by their failure to provide a quality product. Then I find out Chrysler hasn't even released the tools to rebuild the transmission. I will have to get another one. This car is also horrible for comfort. My back hurts all the time while driving. This would only be good for a to and from work car...if you want to replace the transmission.

Junk
By Mark on 06/07/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's a 70,000 mile car. After that- look out. Alternator clutch- starter- tranny runs rough. Just not made for someone who needs dependability. And since it's "fairly new" part prices are outrageous. $200 for a starter. $120 for an alternator clutch. What the hell is that?

Love My 1st Car!
By Tera on 06/04/10 19:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 21 yr old college student. I was recently looking for my 1st car and the caliber wasn't my 1st choice. Originally wanted an Aveo. I don't really know how I became interested in the caliber because I didn't know anything about them. Bought a 2008 SE and I absolutely love it. It rides really good, great stereo system and pretty cool features. I believe if ever I traded it in it would be for a newer model caliber! Just awesome!

Good Rental Car
By JW2467 on 05/10/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SE 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Dodge Caliber should be a hit with rental car companies. My car is reliable, and it gets good MPG. BUT it is very uncomfortable to ride in this car. Not much room for anything. Rear inside blind does not come out, so it really limits what you can put in the back. Went to trade it off, and found out Calibers do not hold there value at all. My next car will not be a Dodge, cause I am not thrilled with this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.