Used 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

SRT4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

Most Helpful|
!!!!SRT!!!!!
By John

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put 30k on my car and I loved every mile. the power and fuel economy is like having your cake and eating it too. Handling is smooth around the turns even at high speeds and ESP makes it safe in bad weather conditions. This thing stops on a dime and will launch like a rocket!

Favorite Features

a smooth 6-speed and 285hp not to mention I'm getting 31mpg on the highway. Performance after market parts are here so if your looking for a tuner car this is it.

Suggested Improvements

Direct fuel injection, solve the torque steer, maybe a AWD model. better quality interior and fix the dash rattle.

The Last In Line
By JohnD

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My black 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 has been nothing but outstanding. As of 12.20.09, it has ~2900 miles on the odometer & sits in my garage off the road in the winter. This is the last of the old Chrysler designed/engineered cars from the 80s prior to the Fiat buyout. You Mopar fans need to find these cars if you are interested, as the SRT4 has been discontinued for 2010. It is a one-of-a-kind. It will most likely be a collector's car in 20 years (similar to the FWD Shelby cars of 1980s era) Great Buy!

Favorite Features

I purchased what I beleive to be a classic 20 years from now, this gem new about $3000 under invoice. Performance, handling, utility are fabulous. And, fuel economy has been 28-29 mpg - a big plus for a car with 285 horsepower. Excellent 'blocky' styling inside/out. Above average highway ride.

Suggested Improvements

2010 Caliber interiors have soft touch/new instrument panel improvements that the 2008-09 did not have.

Have Fun Blowing Doors Off Imports...
By Mocheezmo

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I get giddy reading the reviews that Edmunds has for this car. Obviously 1 of 2 things. The reviewer has never actually driven the car or they don't know how to drive. This car is unbelievable! Funny I checked the curb weight and the WRX is 100 lbs heavier, guess Edmunds reviewers can't do math either. Put the Mopar stage 1 in this thing (stage 2 is now coming) and you are running over 300 ponies at the wheel with the torque (sorry ricers) to back it up! I will admit the weight distribution could use some work but nothing some basic mods won't solve. I picked mine up for under $19k, with less than $3k in mods I could walk any lancer of WRX $ for $ out their, period.

Favorite Features

Power, 6 speed is very smooth. I can get 30 mpg highway with this beast if I want and I average 25 in the city with intake and stage 1 installed.

Suggested Improvements

Better weight distibution, improvied coilovers and motor mounts would eliminate torque steer completely. Wish it had all wheel drive. But I own a collector now since they are no longer making these so what can I expect?

08 Caliber SRT-4
By Spark

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just recently purchased my caliber and all I can say is this little machine is a blast to drive and gets great gas mileage to boot. Within two days of owning the car I was already up to 27 mpg. the car has great styling in my opinion as well as handles very well for a fwd car, and she gets up and moves just fine. With a few simple bolt on MOPAR performance parts the fun and fuel economy will increase. If someone asked me if I had to do it all again would I still buy the car, my answer would be yes. Great job by Chrysler with this little machine. Well thought out and built in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Great pickup, comfortable bucket type racing seats, shifts reasonably smooth, a 6spd is a huge plus. Mean little stance when you look at it from all angles

Suggested Improvements

Make it AWD, and more horsepower.

Better then the Germans?!
By Dana

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In many ways this is the best small car on the market. Wife bought one this summer. I found that it was more comfortable and fun to drive then my 2007 Audi A3 S-line (and almost as nicely appointed). So I'm trading in my Audi for one of my own.

Favorite Features

Gas pedal! Excellent power, brakes and handling. Most comfortable seats/sitting position of any small car.

Suggested Improvements

Leather interior and put some padding on the armrests! The 2009 SRT-4 has a leather option, but its not that great. I'll just have mine customized aftermarket.