2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (11 reviews )
The Last In Line
By JohnD on 12/20/09 04:46 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My black 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 has been nothing but outstanding. As of 12.20.09, it has ~2900 miles on the odometer & sits in my garage off the road in the winter. This is the last of the old Chrysler designed/engineered cars from the 80s prior to the Fiat buyout. You Mopar fans need to find these cars if you are interested, as the SRT4 has been discontinued for 2010. It is a one-of-a-kind. It will most likely be a collector's car in 20 years (similar to the FWD Shelby cars of 1980s era) Great Buy!

Have Fun Blowing Doors Off Imports...
By Mocheezmo on 10/16/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I get giddy reading the reviews that Edmunds has for this car. Obviously 1 of 2 things. The reviewer has never actually driven the car or they don't know how to drive. This car is unbelievable! Funny I checked the curb weight and the WRX is 100 lbs heavier, guess Edmunds reviewers can't do math either. Put the Mopar stage 1 in this thing (stage 2 is now coming) and you are running over 300 ponies at the wheel with the torque (sorry ricers) to back it up! I will admit the weight distribution could use some work but nothing some basic mods won't solve. I picked mine up for under $19k, with less than $3k in mods I could walk any lancer of WRX $ for $ out their, period.

!!!!SRT!!!!!
By John on 04/03/09 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put 30k on my car and I loved every mile. the power and fuel economy is like having your cake and eating it too. Handling is smooth around the turns even at high speeds and ESP makes it safe in bad weather conditions. This thing stops on a dime and will launch like a rocket!

Better then the Germans?!
By Dana on 12/27/08 04:52 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In many ways this is the best small car on the market. Wife bought one this summer. I found that it was more comfortable and fun to drive then my 2007 Audi A3 S-line (and almost as nicely appointed). So I'm trading in my Audi for one of my own.

08 Caliber SRT-4
By Spark on 08/31/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just recently purchased my caliber and all I can say is this little machine is a blast to drive and gets great gas mileage to boot. Within two days of owning the car I was already up to 27 mpg. the car has great styling in my opinion as well as handles very well for a fwd car, and she gets up and moves just fine. With a few simple bolt on MOPAR performance parts the fun and fuel economy will increase. If someone asked me if I had to do it all again would I still buy the car, my answer would be yes. Great job by Chrysler with this little machine. Well thought out and built in my opinion.

Powerful economy car
By jbiscuit86 on 07/18/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very nice car for the price. It just goes to show that economy cars don't have to be boring.

call me an srt4 addict
By srt4 addict on 06/30/08 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just traded in my 04 neon srt4 for the 08 caliber srt4. I loved my neon, did plenty of work to it, but it had to finally go. Lots of mileage and much needed extra room for a new baby made me do it. To me and most owners, the srt4 neon is an icon and I did not think srt could do the same for the caliber. I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, I'm not going to take the new car road-racing or autocrossing like I did with the neon because of its size. But I'm looking forward to surprising the same owners of $30,000+ cars while the stare at my rear end, as they did with my neon while at the strip.

SRT4
By Adam on 06/24/08 10:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the srt4 as a daily commuter to replace my 05 civic. To my surprise the first trip I took in it I averaged 38 mpg. and I have a combined average of 26 mpg. I don't have anything negative other than the town I live in only have 91 octane. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for performance and economy if you can use both words in the same sentence.

Exhale please
By Andrew on 06/14/08 22:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, I can't believe how much power and performance for the price. I traded in my wifes 07 Caliber R/T AWD for our 08 SRT4. We just wanted a stick and I can't believe what a great car we got. fantastic power, great handling and comfortable. Wish all cars had this power and performance! Just might have to get myself one now! Yup I'll take red.

In the shop
By tinkerbell83 on 05/07/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 SRT4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for less than 5 months. I would have to say that it is reliable for a now considering that I just drive to and from work. Recently, I had to take it in for the interior shaking and at 2500 rpms it sounds like it is going to blow. Poor blind spots. Very roomy though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.