Lots of Water Interior Rear and Front Passenger Side
By kwicklund on
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I replaced my worn out Aurora with 197+ thousand miles on it at the end of Feb 2012. I purchased a used Dodge Caliber 2007 with 74,221 miles on it. It now has 75,690 miles on it. I guess the previous owner left out the little bit of information where the back & front passenger interior side floor leaks , and not just a little, inches worth. Then it takes forever to get it to dry and then it starts to stink to high heaven. I have been trying to find someone who will guide me to the spot that causes this leak so it won't cost me a small fortune to get it fixed. I also have discovered several other problems as well.
Favorite Features
It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and has lots of room.
Suggested Improvements
Hopefully by now Chrysler has fixed the leaking issues, and the issue with the lights, blinkers and front & rear windshield wipers not working at the same time. The crazy solution on one forum for the lights, blinkers, wipers not working is to discconect the battery for an hour and then reconnect the battery, this worked like a charm.
By rj16
on 10/01/12 15:06 PM (PDT)

I have an '07 Caliber SXT, w/ just over 87K miles. Did you find out the source of the water, kwicklund? Just last month, after a rainstorm, I was shocked to see over 1.5" of water in rear passenger floor. Passenger front floor was quite damp, but not filled w/ water like the rear. It is not related to driving, as it happened again, while parked overnite. I have dried it out & steam-vac'd, but moisture in front & water in rear continue. My mechanic will be checking w/ a water test. In meantime, found this post on caliberforumz.com: "After two days of heavy rain I noticed a puddle of water on my floor mat on the passenger side footwell. The carpeting in the rear passenger footwell is also very wet. The problem was the right sunroof drain tube being too long and causing a bend and kink. Tech says he shortened it and repositioned it and tested ok with water." Not sure if this is it. I have no water in trunk area.