Used 2007 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Caliber

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Most Helpful|
Do you homework first!
By josh1189

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '07 Caliber SXT 2.0 CVT (Not 1.8 Manual) in April 2011 from a Chrysler/Dodge dealership with 74K miles on it. Drove great, sounded great, felt great. And it WAS a great car....for about a year. Then, that's when the sh*t hit the fan....The door panels started to rattle (probably from the awesome sound system; but that's no excuse. If you're going to put in a powerful system, make the car equipped to handle it.) Then it started to jerk and putter a bit when I accelerated and make a moaning noise when I turned the wheel. Then the alternator went out at 91K miles. 6 days later, the fuel pump went out. Now, I'm just waiting to see what's next. Do yourself a favor and buy Japanese.

Favorite Features

Sound system, versatility, styling, 120 volt power outlet.

Suggested Improvements

Quality. That pretty much covers it.

Do your research before purchasing!!
By alisas90

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT (automatic) with 94,000 Miles on it Feb. 2014. Right after I drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on. I took It back instantly, they said it was a fuel sensor. So they replaced it free of charge. At 97,000 miles, I was driving and the car started to jolt, sputter, whatever you'd want to call It - the check engine light was blinking. I called a tow truck and had it taken to a dealership-where they "fixed it" They replaced 4 coils, all my spark plugs and also did oil change (it was just about needed anyway for the oil change). 2 weeks later, my family and I drive only an hour away from home. it happened again. don't buy this car!!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Everything.

Dont Buy IT.
By rwrasman

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst car ever and dodge is an absolutely HORRIBLE company to have to endure if anything happens. Dont buy a dodge....

Don't buy if you do not have money to repair
By george653

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not throw your money, have a good design on the outside, but beware, I bought with 72,000 miles, clear title, apparently worked well, but a week broke the throttle sensor, cost plus labor $ 550, I changed the spark plugs and the engine turned on the light, I had to replace the PCM $ 2,000, you have to use special and expensive antifreeze or breaks your engine is manufactured with the worst materials, the quality is terrible, and is so today I stopped producing this model, to complete my wife ran headlong into a post (in the middle of the car) in a parking lot, came to within a foot and a half, hopefully not more thing happened, but never opened airbags, must die to see if the bags work well or not.

Brake & frt suspension issues
By ndh1998

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car in fall of 2010 for my wife who liked the style an size with approx. 38,000 miles. At 51,000 + I noticed the frt tires starting to wear abnormally and took it to the tire shop I use only to find the tire rods/ball joints were shot. Had those replaced & 2 tires. Brakes have for a long time squeal when going backing out the driveway and especially if they are wet. Then the decorative black trim around the outside door posts started to peel and come peal off. Dodge has said these are not under warranty so I would have to pay to fix the decorative trim & they could replace the brake pads but do not think this will stop the issues with squeaking.