2007 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews 4

2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L I-4
By carguy03 on 01/15/12 19:00 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Caliber had a 2.0L, but most come with a 1.8L. For the type of car, it wasn't all that bad. It had an acceptable amount of power for a stock 4 cylinder, got great gas mileage (about 24 city; 28 highway), and it was fun to drive. The styling is great, looks bigger than it actually is. I had the Caliber from June 2011 until I traded for a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer in November 2011. I drove my Caliber on a 400 mile trip through WV, and it handled the mountain roads like a champ. I replaced the left front lower control arm and ball joint becase of a squeak, but other than that, no problems. When I got the car, it had about 116,000 miles on it, and about 124,000 miles when I traded it off.

Most reliable car I've ever owned.
By eleclady on 01/05/12 17:09 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I felt compelled to write after reading some of the bad reviews. I'm sure there are lemons in every bunch........I got my Caliber in April 2006, first one on the block so to speak. Right out of the Auto Show... Didn't see another for months. I drive a min of 80 miles a day, and still get 26 mpg. My original set of brakes lasted 85k miles. Original set of tires lasted 86k. (I drive all highway) I now have 153k on the car. Just put on the 2nd set of tires. I am putting on new struts as one has a slight leak and one ball joint. Other than a new battery, this car has just gotten the std oil changes/maint required. .

Horrible - DO NOT BUY
By em211hi on 11/30/11 10:06 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Awful car - Have paid over $7,000 to replace the whole front end (twice). Do not buy! DO not buy! Dodge does not help either.

Premature replacement of ball joints and control arms
By tml4579 on 11/24/11 13:22 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Iíve gone through the proper channels with Dodge/Chrysler to try to get a resolution on this matter but have been advised there is nothing they can do for me. At this point I just want it on record what my experience as a consumer has been like dealing with them on a manufacturing issue. I found out a few months ago that my car was in need of ball joints and control arms. The car was less than 5 years old with less than 60k miles when the problem started to occur. The dealership gave me a quote for repairs of $895.36. I am single mother just barely getting by so naturally I didnít pay for the repairs because I donít have that type of money. So week after week I just had to drive the car a

MY front end is gone...
By poorcar on 11/21/11 18:00 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I own a 2007 dodge caliber and the front end is gone, it has less then 60thousand miles on it..and i did all the oilchanges/tire's and normal wear and tear.. i went in for my normal oil change and the mechanic said my front end is gone...: lower ball joints and right tie rod end..what is going on here i called dodge and they said i might have gone over a curb and that would of done the damage to my car...are they serious... a curb. i want all my money back and want to buy a car that will last... i am in shock..has anyone had this problem or am i alone..no recalls, i cant even drive my car until i get it fixed... what am i going to do.. i have to work.. please has anyone else experienced this

Surprised at Reliability Two Years Later
By safedrivertoo on 10/22/11 19:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my '07 Caliber two years ago, and it had 36,900 miles on it. It was a rental and the warranty expired at that point. I've never had a warranty on it, and I have put 60,000 miles on it, so it's up to about 97,000 miles, and I haven't put more than a fuel pump (which strangely went at 50,000 miles after a fuel system flush--I'm still skeptical about that although everyone says it couldn't be connected). That repair was $500ish. I am preventative and get everything flushed and checked regularly, and I haven't needed any major repairs done. I might have put $1,500 in repairs since I've owned it--tops. I always figure if I get 110,000 or 120,000 miles out of a car it did its job.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!! RUN AWAY FAST!!!!
By shelby6282 on 10/19/11 14:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Have only owned this car for 40 days. It has been a total nightmare. Oh & I did buy it from a dealer not just anyone. I am the 2nd owner & the car looked great with tons of add ons. After owning it 4 days engine light came on. Dealer said it's O2 sensor & replaced. 2 days later engine light on again. This time they said the computer was not reset right. Barely drove it home from the shop & guess what engine light AGAIN! this time the codes were showing that it was the cadilic converter. Dealership, no its not the converter something with the sensor didnt get hooked up right causing a code. 1 week later, engine light again. they changed the converter. Drove 1wk & now brake lights on!

I love my Caliber
By patzeep on 07/08/11 09:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Caliber used and have never had problems with it- and I am not a good car owner! I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

Run! Don't Buy the Caliber!
By prozelle5 on 03/24/11 11:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2007 Dodge Caliber brand new off the dealer lot. At 13,000 miles the oil control valve and the cv joint in the rear had to be replaced. At 19000 miles the outter tie rod was replaced. At 50000 miles, I now have a leak in the oil pan the same outter tie rod has to be replaced again, the lower control arm and struts are leaking. The car will not pass inspection. Thankfully I took out the extended warranty and some of it is still covered. I am a grandmother and dont drive out of control or crazy. I traded in a perfectly good 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee for this car. Wish I still had it. Can't wait to unload this car. It sucks! Dont buy one!

left me stranded at 37k miles!!!!!!
By agraham6582 on 02/22/11 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car in june 2010 and it is a 2007 car - 8 months after buying this car it left me stranded in a parking lot - thank god i did not have my 18 month old daughter with me! we only got 6k miles out of this car before it died on us. currently has 37k miles on it and died in a parking lot. after calling different numbers for an hour to get it towed somewhere which cost us $70 out of pocket, we were told it was the electronic control module in the steering column that went dead. pretty much this "module" in the steering column tells the car to start the ignition when you put the key in to start up. the warranty company refuses to pay for it saying it's an "electrical" issue.