2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
WORST CAR EVER MADE
By slimlzbn on 04/22/12 07:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Where do I start? I bought this piece of junk in 09 with 20k on it for 10k. Almost immediately I started to get problems with it. Now 2 years later with 55k, it keeps stopping in the midst of driving. 3 times in this past month, but only once did it start right back up. It left me stranded in the MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY once and in the MIDDLE OF AN INTERSECTION the other time. I took it to 2 shops..they dont know whats wrong with it because I have to take it there when it is not starting. One shop fixed what they "thought" could be the problem. Saying this often happens with Dodges so hopefully itll do the trick. Not at all..it continued to stop. Crazy. AVOID DODGES AT ALL COST!!

SXT 2.0 Sell this car asap!
By dodge1021 on 04/12/12 01:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Lets start with injectors that the dealer said was causing a hard start at 40000 miles, still doing it today at 78000 miles and has been ever since. Dealer woukd not back it. Lower control arms, oil pan leaking at 72000 miles. Then retuned it three times due to dealer in greenwood indiana tom ob had to do the alignment, three times. Niw the oil leak has returned at 78000 miles and the dealer is saying I have a new leak, frt eng cover even though the oil is coming from the exact place it did when they said oil pan. They blew it! JUNK!

Buy something else.
By whitetails on 04/05/12 17:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Went to have car inspected and it failed inspection due to tie rod ends. Car has only 68,000 miles. They said the front end is shot, plus it has ruined a $150. tire that has 6,000 miles on it. My ford truck has 183,000 miles and same tie rod ends and just pasted inspection at same place. My previous car a ford had 191,000 miles and never replaced tie rod ends. Back to FORD for me.

The Dodge Workhorse
By nicholashitt on 03/25/12 06:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Perhaps my favourite car I've ever owned in my life (of 3 others). This car has been my old reliable. I take this guy camping, urban trekking, and across the state (Wis.) with no difficulties. It has had it's fair share of problems, yes, but overall I love this car. It has the appearance of a sedan/SUV hybrid, but the performance of a sedan.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By safedrivertoo on 03/02/12 08:35 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was worried. I usually only own a Toyota or a Honda, but this car has been better than any I've owned. I bought the '07 in '09 with 37K, and now have 103K, and I've had almost nothing to fix. Just took it in for a tuneup because I hear some kind of rattling on a cold start-up, but they don't see any problems. This car is wonderful, and I live in Buffalo, which means a lot when you own a car.

The little engine that couldn't
By swells1225 on 02/28/12 11:59 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well I wasn't in love with the caliber when I first got it but it started to grow on me. Then about a month into having my car the clutch and one other part went out over a month later I finally got it back from the dealership where I bought it. Now I am having major problems, ac turns its self on, dash lights go out, cruse control wont work, key fab stopped working (I replaced the battery), it doesn't start 2 out of every 5 times I get in it, it wont let me go above 4000 rpms anymore. I've had problem after problem and have taken care of this car. Very very disappointed in this car! Those are just a few of the issue, and I can't get rid of it for another year!

Money Pit- Factory Rip off
By phoenix85339 on 02/04/12 10:50 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission on my 2007 Caliber (90,000 miles)had a bad transmission solenoid - I research repair with transmission shops and dealers and found out that Dodge Chrysler does not provide the repair shops or the dealers with parts, except for a "factory rebuilt" transmission for $3,800.00. It's take it or push it off of our lot... this should have been an $800 repair or a rebulit transmission for approx $1,700 at worst. The dealer "Tempe Dodge, AZ did a sloppy job and it had to go back for another 2 days, for them to figure out where they went wrong...After owning Dodges for 28 years, this will be the last Dodge we will ever own...

Caliber should be called Calamity
By azdave3 on 02/02/12 16:05 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a used Caliber with 2300 Miles on it. Wife liked,wanted it. Was OK for 3 years and 60K. But then it started to self destruct. Wife was hit with $3300+ in repairs during which we were advised Tie Rods were shot. Hmmm? was my question as we're in Az and don't deal with poor roads as elsewhere. Brakes went- $260+ during which we were told MORE suspension and Motor mounts shot. Then the Alternator went, $180+ 4 Hours labor and special tool to remove. I immediately sent it to a new Home...Far, Far away from mine. Horrible, Horrible Car.

Make sure you have AAA for towing!
By phillpotimus on 01/18/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought my car 6 months ago with 68K. Week 1: Whinning in the front end. Took it to the dealership and insisted they fix it. They replaced the passenger side wheel bearing. Cost: $0 Week 7: Airbag light comes on. Took it to a diffrent shop and they said a sensor went out....? Cost: $323.00 Week 11: Grinding in the front end (drivers side). Took it back to the shop. The ball joint went out. Apparently that is also connected to the tie rod end as one piece. Also making my tires wear bad on the inside of the tires. While there, had the battery replaced. Cost: $968.00 6 mo. after purchase: Stranded! Altenator died! Tow and repair. Cost: $548.00 If you don't need a car, Get this one!

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L I-4
By carguy03 on 01/15/12 19:00 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Caliber had a 2.0L, but most come with a 1.8L. For the type of car, it wasn't all that bad. It had an acceptable amount of power for a stock 4 cylinder, got great gas mileage (about 24 city; 28 highway), and it was fun to drive. The styling is great, looks bigger than it actually is. I had the Caliber from June 2011 until I traded for a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer in November 2011. I drove my Caliber on a 400 mile trip through WV, and it handled the mountain roads like a champ. I replaced the left front lower control arm and ball joint becase of a squeak, but other than that, no problems. When I got the car, it had about 116,000 miles on it, and about 124,000 miles when I traded it off.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.