Used 2007 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Caliber

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Don't buy if you do not have money to repair
By george653

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not throw your money, have a good design on the outside, but beware, I bought with 72,000 miles, clear title, apparently worked well, but a week broke the throttle sensor, cost plus labor $ 550, I changed the spark plugs and the engine turned on the light, I had to replace the PCM $ 2,000, you have to use special and expensive antifreeze or breaks your engine is manufactured with the worst materials, the quality is terrible, and is so today I stopped producing this model, to complete my wife ran headlong into a post (in the middle of the car) in a parking lot, came to within a foot and a half, hopefully not more thing happened, but never opened airbags, must die to see if the bags work well or not.

Dont Buy IT.
By rwrasman

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst car ever and dodge is an absolutely HORRIBLE company to have to endure if anything happens. Dont buy a dodge....

Do you homework first!
By josh1189

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '07 Caliber SXT 2.0 CVT (Not 1.8 Manual) in April 2011 from a Chrysler/Dodge dealership with 74K miles on it. Drove great, sounded great, felt great. And it WAS a great car....for about a year. Then, that's when the sh*t hit the fan....The door panels started to rattle (probably from the awesome sound system; but that's no excuse. If you're going to put in a powerful system, make the car equipped to handle it.) Then it started to jerk and putter a bit when I accelerated and make a moaning noise when I turned the wheel. Then the alternator went out at 91K miles. 6 days later, the fuel pump went out. Now, I'm just waiting to see what's next. Do yourself a favor and buy Japanese.

Favorite Features

Sound system, versatility, styling, 120 volt power outlet.

Suggested Improvements

Quality. That pretty much covers it.

Bad Purchase
By mfinley

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This was a more expensive car purchase for me when I bought it in 2008. It only had 23,000 miles on it. I have had to replace both front ball joints, tires, battery, alternator, brake lights, and only a year after getting those ball joints fixed, they are going again. My mechanic said that Dodge used shoddy parts throughout and to keep expecting these same problems. I am going to unload this car as fast as I can and I will never buy another Dodge again! The interior is difficult to clean and stains easily, also.

What crap!
By heather42

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Caliber in 09. It had 54,000 miles and was told it was a one owner. I've had this car not even 3 years and I hate it! I have replaced the battery, headlight bulbs, tail light bulbs, the break calipers on both sides, the coil on both sides, had to change transmission fluid and filter, both wheel bearings, and now my "Brain" is going out and have to buy 4 new tires! I would not recommend that anyone buy this vehicle. It's been nothing but a money pit and the parts are not cheap.

Favorite Features

It's more roomy on the inside than it looks and gets decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Take it off the market!