Used 2007 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Caliber

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Do your research before purchasing!!
By alisas90

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT (automatic) with 94,000 Miles on it Feb. 2014. Right after I drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on. I took It back instantly, they said it was a fuel sensor. So they replaced it free of charge. At 97,000 miles, I was driving and the car started to jolt, sputter, whatever you'd want to call It - the check engine light was blinking. I called a tow truck and had it taken to a dealership-where they "fixed it" They replaced 4 coils, all my spark plugs and also did oil change (it was just about needed anyway for the oil change). 2 weeks later, my family and I drive only an hour away from home. it happened again. don't buy this car!!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Everything.

Expensive repairs early
By car_customer

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. I love the looks of the car, the feel of the car, the response of the car. However, I have had two very expensive repairs early in the car's life. I had to replace the entire instrument cluster at 54,000. The illumination system on the cluster went bad. That was $500. Dodge would not help. Then, at 64,000, the ENTIRE k-frame was found to be rusted through, rendering the car unsafe. Cost to repair was $1,400. Dodge would not help. There are 27 complaints on NHTSA for this same problem. This is a serious safety issue and Dodge will not acknowledge they have a problem. I know car parts are going to wear out. But these two parts are NOT typical repairs.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge must address the k-frame issue before someone gets seriously injured or killed.

Bad Car!
By cardiqs

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased this car with 50K on it. It started to sound like a truck. Alternator clutch?! Here is the list. Alternator, Cracked Manifold, Battery, brakes, tires. light bulb 2x's. It started out dependable. Now it is sitting again, probably a 2nd alternator. It is a great car in the snow but don't push it. It will need something. Can't put a dog gate of any kind in the car due to the design. Open up the window in the rear without the front ones and the worst percussion noise ever occurs.

Favorite Features

Great snow car with Rally CVT. Handles really nice. Comfortable for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Alternator, Manifold, Brakes. Accomodate a dog gate.

Putting a lot of miles on it
By chrisgvu

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

2007 Caliber, 2.0 SXT, CVT. I got this vehicle when I was hired in another city and drive about 550 miles per week. I am getting around 27MPG and love the ride. The car now has over 123,000 miles and I'm hoping to get another 80,000 or so before trading it in. I am 6'2" and fit in the vehicle well. While I do wish the mileage was a little better, I am happy with the vehicle.

Favorite Features

The CVT was a little different getting the hang of. I love it now, however. The ride is quiet and comfortable. It is very roomy for a small car.

Suggested Improvements

None

LOVED THIS CAR / Did its job!
By safedrivertoo

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought it at 36,900 (mileage) and am now giving it to my daughter at 126,8000, and I've never had a problem other than wear/tear except the fuel pump, which went at 50,000 miles. I think I replace an alternator too, around 90,000 miles, but it runs great, never stalled, never left me on the road or anything. I LOVE this car. Wish me luck with my new Dodge Journey! ;)