2007 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
Don't buy if you do not have money to repair
By george653 on 02/11/13 09:19 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not throw your money, have a good design on the outside, but beware, I bought with 72,000 miles, clear title, apparently worked well, but a week broke the throttle sensor, cost plus labor $ 550, I changed the spark plugs and the engine turned on the light, I had to replace the PCM $ 2,000, you have to use special and expensive antifreeze or breaks your engine is manufactured with the worst materials, the quality is terrible, and is so today I stopped producing this model, to complete my wife ran headlong into a post (in the middle of the car) in a parking lot, came to within a foot and a half, hopefully not more thing happened, but never opened airbags, must die to see if the bags work well or not.

Dont Buy IT.
By rwrasman on 01/09/13 16:17 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst car ever and dodge is an absolutely HORRIBLE company to have to endure if anything happens. Dont buy a dodge....

Do you homework first!
By josh1189 on 10/17/12 16:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '07 Caliber SXT 2.0 CVT (Not 1.8 Manual) in April 2011 from a Chrysler/Dodge dealership with 74K miles on it. Drove great, sounded great, felt great. And it WAS a great car....for about a year. Then, that's when the sh*t hit the fan....The door panels started to rattle (probably from the awesome sound system; but that's no excuse. If you're going to put in a powerful system, make the car equipped to handle it.) Then it started to jerk and putter a bit when I accelerated and make a moaning noise when I turned the wheel. Then the alternator went out at 91K miles. 6 days later, the fuel pump went out. Now, I'm just waiting to see what's next. Do yourself a favor and buy Japanese.

Bad Purchase
By mfinley on 10/07/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This was a more expensive car purchase for me when I bought it in 2008. It only had 23,000 miles on it. I have had to replace both front ball joints, tires, battery, alternator, brake lights, and only a year after getting those ball joints fixed, they are going again. My mechanic said that Dodge used shoddy parts throughout and to keep expecting these same problems. I am going to unload this car as fast as I can and I will never buy another Dodge again! The interior is difficult to clean and stains easily, also.

What crap!
By heather42 on 09/11/12 20:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Caliber in 09. It had 54,000 miles and was told it was a one owner. I've had this car not even 3 years and I hate it! I have replaced the battery, headlight bulbs, tail light bulbs, the break calipers on both sides, the coil on both sides, had to change transmission fluid and filter, both wheel bearings, and now my "Brain" is going out and have to buy 4 new tires! I would not recommend that anyone buy this vehicle. It's been nothing but a money pit and the parts are not cheap.

Worst Car Ever
By tyxty1 on 08/30/12 05:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car was a complete nightmare for me. I traded the car as soon as I could, which was 4 years later, due to it being so upside down. I purchased my Caliber in 2007 with 20,000 miles on it. The looks and features are what initially drew me in. I was in a small accident 2 months after I purchased and boy was it downhill from there. In 4 years, I put 120,000 miles on it, but what I had to do within those 4 years was ridiculous. Replaced: 4 sets of tires, 2 batteries, 1 ENGINE, 2 alternators, and its been a year, but countless other things I cannot remember. This car was in the shop ALL the time.

What was Dodge thinking
By ortega8794 on 06/28/12 00:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My god! What was dodge thinking when they decided to build this piece of crap? Lets build a car which will never get out of the shop!? I'm 17, I got my Caliber as a gift from my parents at 15 been driving it for 2 years and in those 2 years I've had to change Engine supports, Alternator (twice), battery 3 times, Tires (all four), Compressor (Twice)... And those are just the major things let alone the small things every time I take it to the shop. I've been told its due to the sound system I have in the car but friends of mine have much bigger sound systems in civics and such cars and nothing. I've been left out on the road twice! Car just died on me had to get a tow because it would'nt start

GREAT CAR!
By t_white on 06/02/12 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car now for three years and I absolutely love it! The design is innovative as well as comfortable. It drives great and I have never had any problems with it mechanically. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Lots of Water Interior Rear and Front Passenger Side
By kwicklund on 05/21/12 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my worn out Aurora with 197+ thousand miles on it at the end of Feb 2012. I purchased a used Dodge Caliber 2007 with 74,221 miles on it. It now has 75,690 miles on it. I guess the previous owner left out the little bit of information where the back & front passenger interior side floor leaks , and not just a little, inches worth. Then it takes forever to get it to dry and then it starts to stink to high heaven. I have been trying to find someone who will guide me to the spot that causes this leak so it won't cost me a small fortune to get it fixed. I also have discovered several other problems as well.

Brake & frt suspension issues
By ndh1998 on 05/13/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car in fall of 2010 for my wife who liked the style an size with approx. 38,000 miles. At 51,000 + I noticed the frt tires starting to wear abnormally and took it to the tire shop I use only to find the tire rods/ball joints were shot. Had those replaced & 2 tires. Brakes have for a long time squeal when going backing out the driveway and especially if they are wet. Then the decorative black trim around the outside door posts started to peel and come peal off. Dodge has said these are not under warranty so I would have to pay to fix the decorative trim & they could replace the brake pads but do not think this will stop the issues with squeaking.