2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
Lots of Water Interior Rear and Front Passenger Side
By kwicklund on 05/21/12 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my worn out Aurora with 197+ thousand miles on it at the end of Feb 2012. I purchased a used Dodge Caliber 2007 with 74,221 miles on it. It now has 75,690 miles on it. I guess the previous owner left out the little bit of information where the back & front passenger interior side floor leaks , and not just a little, inches worth. Then it takes forever to get it to dry and then it starts to stink to high heaven. I have been trying to find someone who will guide me to the spot that causes this leak so it won't cost me a small fortune to get it fixed. I also have discovered several other problems as well.

Brake & frt suspension issues
By ndh1998 on 05/13/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car in fall of 2010 for my wife who liked the style an size with approx. 38,000 miles. At 51,000 + I noticed the frt tires starting to wear abnormally and took it to the tire shop I use only to find the tire rods/ball joints were shot. Had those replaced & 2 tires. Brakes have for a long time squeal when going backing out the driveway and especially if they are wet. Then the decorative black trim around the outside door posts started to peel and come peal off. Dodge has said these are not under warranty so I would have to pay to fix the decorative trim & they could replace the brake pads but do not think this will stop the issues with squeaking.

Mixed review
By teufelsdrock on 05/01/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Caliber in March of 2006, one of the first ones in this area. I was initially worried because I had the stalling problem (sound familiar Caliber owners?) and I also lost the alternator at about 50k. That was an $$$ repair. I still own the car. It has 256,000 miles on it! I have had to replace the alternator again. Over the last six years, I've replaced the tie rods (roads where I live--NE Ohio--are horrible) and one wheel bearing. I get 32 mpg on the highway (1.8 stick shift). The stalling issue just disappeared (did the computer self-adjust?). Car has the original exhaust system. So... two alternators, tie rods, a battery and 256k miles. Does this car owe me anything?

WORST CAR EVER MADE
By slimlzbn on 04/22/12 07:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Where do I start? I bought this piece of junk in 09 with 20k on it for 10k. Almost immediately I started to get problems with it. Now 2 years later with 55k, it keeps stopping in the midst of driving. 3 times in this past month, but only once did it start right back up. It left me stranded in the MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY once and in the MIDDLE OF AN INTERSECTION the other time. I took it to 2 shops..they dont know whats wrong with it because I have to take it there when it is not starting. One shop fixed what they "thought" could be the problem. Saying this often happens with Dodges so hopefully itll do the trick. Not at all..it continued to stop. Crazy. AVOID DODGES AT ALL COST!!

SXT 2.0 Sell this car asap!
By dodge1021 on 04/12/12 01:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Lets start with injectors that the dealer said was causing a hard start at 40000 miles, still doing it today at 78000 miles and has been ever since. Dealer woukd not back it. Lower control arms, oil pan leaking at 72000 miles. Then retuned it three times due to dealer in greenwood indiana tom ob had to do the alignment, three times. Niw the oil leak has returned at 78000 miles and the dealer is saying I have a new leak, frt eng cover even though the oil is coming from the exact place it did when they said oil pan. They blew it! JUNK!

Buy something else.
By whitetails on 04/05/12 17:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Went to have car inspected and it failed inspection due to tie rod ends. Car has only 68,000 miles. They said the front end is shot, plus it has ruined a $150. tire that has 6,000 miles on it. My ford truck has 183,000 miles and same tie rod ends and just pasted inspection at same place. My previous car a ford had 191,000 miles and never replaced tie rod ends. Back to FORD for me.

The Dodge Workhorse
By nicholashitt on 03/25/12 06:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Perhaps my favourite car I've ever owned in my life (of 3 others). This car has been my old reliable. I take this guy camping, urban trekking, and across the state (Wis.) with no difficulties. It has had it's fair share of problems, yes, but overall I love this car. It has the appearance of a sedan/SUV hybrid, but the performance of a sedan.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By safedrivertoo on 03/02/12 08:35 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was worried. I usually only own a Toyota or a Honda, but this car has been better than any I've owned. I bought the '07 in '09 with 37K, and now have 103K, and I've had almost nothing to fix. Just took it in for a tuneup because I hear some kind of rattling on a cold start-up, but they don't see any problems. This car is wonderful, and I live in Buffalo, which means a lot when you own a car.

The little engine that couldn't
By swells1225 on 02/28/12 11:59 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well I wasn't in love with the caliber when I first got it but it started to grow on me. Then about a month into having my car the clutch and one other part went out over a month later I finally got it back from the dealership where I bought it. Now I am having major problems, ac turns its self on, dash lights go out, cruse control wont work, key fab stopped working (I replaced the battery), it doesn't start 2 out of every 5 times I get in it, it wont let me go above 4000 rpms anymore. I've had problem after problem and have taken care of this car. Very very disappointed in this car! Those are just a few of the issue, and I can't get rid of it for another year!

Money Pit- Factory Rip off
By phoenix85339 on 02/04/12 10:50 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission on my 2007 Caliber (90,000 miles)had a bad transmission solenoid - I research repair with transmission shops and dealers and found out that Dodge Chrysler does not provide the repair shops or the dealers with parts, except for a "factory rebuilt" transmission for $3,800.00. It's take it or push it off of our lot... this should have been an $800 repair or a rebulit transmission for approx $1,700 at worst. The dealer "Tempe Dodge, AZ did a sloppy job and it had to go back for another 2 days, for them to figure out where they went wrong...After owning Dodges for 28 years, this will be the last Dodge we will ever own...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.