Used 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Dont Buy IT.
By rwrasman

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst car ever and dodge is an absolutely HORRIBLE company to have to endure if anything happens. Dont buy a dodge....

Lots of Water Interior Rear and Front Passenger Side
By kwicklund

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my worn out Aurora with 197+ thousand miles on it at the end of Feb 2012. I purchased a used Dodge Caliber 2007 with 74,221 miles on it. It now has 75,690 miles on it. I guess the previous owner left out the little bit of information where the back & front passenger interior side floor leaks , and not just a little, inches worth. Then it takes forever to get it to dry and then it starts to stink to high heaven. I have been trying to find someone who will guide me to the spot that causes this leak so it won't cost me a small fortune to get it fixed. I also have discovered several other problems as well.

Favorite Features

It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and has lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Hopefully by now Chrysler has fixed the leaking issues, and the issue with the lights, blinkers and front & rear windshield wipers not working at the same time. The crazy solution on one forum for the lights, blinkers, wipers not working is to discconect the battery for an hour and then reconnect the battery, this worked like a charm.

Money Pit- Factory Rip off
By phoenix85339

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission on my 2007 Caliber (90,000 miles)had a bad transmission solenoid - I research repair with transmission shops and dealers and found out that Dodge Chrysler does not provide the repair shops or the dealers with parts, except for a "factory rebuilt" transmission for $3,800.00. It's take it or push it off of our lot... this should have been an $800 repair or a rebulit transmission for approx $1,700 at worst. The dealer "Tempe Dodge, AZ did a sloppy job and it had to go back for another 2 days, for them to figure out where they went wrong...After owning Dodges for 28 years, this will be the last Dodge we will ever own...

Favorite Features

Sporty looks - good power on take-off

Suggested Improvements

Interior is mediocre at best. Replace Gadgets for useable features. Provide better warranties and quality components and parts to repair shops, instead of robbing car owners with factory available parts only at huge markups

COSTS a lot to maintain
By Tron

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car - fun to drive, great fuel economy, and I can even fit my 9 ft surf board in it. However - it's expensive to maintain. I just hit the 60,000 mile mark and because the Caliber has a variable transmission it takes, "a special kind of transmission fluid" and has to be done at the dealership. So the 60,000 service is going to cost over $650. I also just replaced the tires and since the Caliber has an odd tire size (lower profile) there are only a few tire manufactures who make that size and I spent over $900 on new tires. I do plan to keep the car for awhile - I just wasn't expecting such large chunks of money going out for routine maintenance on non-luxury vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, hatchback allows for large items to be carted around, great fuel economy, comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

should not be so expensive to maintain.

She Loves it
By Larry

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in May of '06 for my wife and she loves it. The only issue we have had with the car is we had to replace the bushings for a squeak. I do wish the fuel mileage was better but it is better than my P.T. I did have to replace the tires early (25,000) but that was due to the dealership over inflating. The car runs and drive great and wife won't let me take her out of it.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, rear gate weighs a ton.