Used 2007 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

Nice car, with a problem.
By dodgekia

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We got our caliber in March 2014, when we got it, it had a problem. Behind the driver seat there is a water leak on the floor each time it rains, in the other hand, the caliber is very spacious and comfortable, the floor on the cargo area is nice because it is made of plastic, so in case of like a spill, you can easily wipe it of. The seats are very comfortable, especially when it is cold and you turn on the heated seats. Legroom is nice too. The car is fun to drive, because of the engine on the R/T (2.4L I4)

Cooled glove box, fold down speakers, 18-inch wheels, heated seats, sunroof, 7 brand speakers, headlight washer.

Ashamed.....
By dickson3

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I went and made an account just so I could complain, this is nothing but a money pit, ive replaced alternator, brakes, struts, cruise control, and 2 pairs of tires. ive had it about 6 years and just paid it off. Im so angry about this vehicle, every site you go on its the same complaint over and over again. this should be recalled. Had a ford and didnt have near as many problems. I should of kept it. Yeah cooler is a joker back bumper scratches and its expensive to fix. open up the back windows and it sounds like your in a helicopter. save yourself the money and get something else.

junk
By frddfrd

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

bought it used with 33,000 miles on it. iv'e put six thousand miles on it, that's it. throttle position control gone bad, already. forty thousand miles!!!

fun to drive and nice to look at.

use better parts

Great for four months
By twhawk

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used four months ago, ran great until a week ago when voltage light came on. Battery and alternator tested fine, three days later the throttle response light came on and it had to get towed. The garage said the oil was tacky (only used oil so I question this) and the top half of the motor was burnt up. I just financed the car four months ago, so had to again buy another car. Very disappointing, liked the car a lot until it did this.

If you find one you like, GET IT.
By rnz2014

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My sister, myself and a friend all have one. Mine's a 2007 R/T without AWD & I LOVE IT. I've had her for three years, & I've had no major issues. Her alternator is starting to go, but that's 7 years of wear & tear. The car runs like a car, but feels more like an SUV. The Caliber has dependability that we all loved about Chrysler Group at one time or another, & the R/T has enough power to make driving fun. They handle well, and have a great turning radius. With window guards, the window noise when open at high speeds is practically gone. Bought mine with 99,000 miles, and she now has 128,000 miles. Great car, would definitely buy another.

Love the CVT, and being able to play with the gears without the car shifting automatically (like the New Dart). I also love the built in AUX option for the stereo, and the many aftermarket parts available to customize the exterior look. The body style is a stylish American car style, and the R/T package comes with satellite radio capabilities for an enhanced music experience, along with Boston Acoustic speakers to make the sounds more clear and also enhance your music experience

Under the hood is a compact setup, which makes some parts more expensive to replace (i.e. the alternator is under the A/C. In order to replace it, the A/C has to be emptied and removed before the alternator can be tended to.). I would have also liked to have seen some of the Italian/FIAT features used on the '15 Charger and the New Dart in this car (i.e. black interior, and updated headlights). Unfortunately, FIAT removed the manufacturing of the Caliber from the Dodge line-up in 2011. (2012's being "leftovers").