Used 2007 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

DODGE A DODGE QUICK
By Shortbody

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not buy used trust and believe all negative comments (its real). Had it 45 days and the Throttle body light came on. No acceleration, car shaking and won't hardly move. Car had poor accelaration before the light came on drove as if it were a manual shifting car. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY! paid cash for the car, wish I had not!!!

This car is my baby.
By August Greth

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car brand new in 2007 and I began driving it in 2011. It has been a fantastic family car and commuter car for all of us. Together we've put 142k miles on it with a good mix of highway and city miles averaging about 27 mpg. It has been extremely reliable and hasn't needed a single major repair. The only minor repairs included replacing the gas cap sensor which went out at 140k, wheel realignment at 120k(tire wear had been normal until then), and minor break repairs around 130k miles. A few cons... as a 6' tall adult my head brushes against the ceiling of the car. I also have to tuck my head above the steering wheel to see stoplights. Like any small car it also had a tendency to hydroplane when there is a significant amount of water on the roadway. Also, as I had the FWD model it didn't handle too well on unplowed roads or on steep icy roads. However, it still has managed to get me home during a few snow storms. All of these issues are what you would expect from a small FWD cars. Also to address some of the other reviews on here... The CVT transmission has never had an issue. It changes speed without delay and rarely makes any clunking noises. When it does it has been a case where I had to slam on the breaks and immediately slam on the gas. As for acceleration it holds up well if I'm the only person in the car. However... with 1-2 passengers acceleration decreases noticeably. Its not great but has never inhibited my driving capabilities. Also tire wear has been completely normal. The struts, ball bearings, etc have been inspected and still hold up fine. It has been a great investment for my family and I can easily see myself buying with Dodge in the future. For now I plan to continue driving it until the wheels fall off.

Problems
By Yadi

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace tie rod and ball joints. Again, I'm replacing the ball joints. I put in new alternator and a battery. Right now it has 102k miles. But it used with 70k miles. I don't recommend a dodge caliber to anyone. Money pit car

4door awd. rtf okay car
By logan

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2007 dodge caliber rt for 4years now and needless to say its been a dependable vehicle love the style and how it rides.. but im at 99400 miles and beginning to run into issues. I have replaced the throttle body ball joint front and back struts and springs/coils exhaust cap. Other then other maintenance that's everything I've dealt with. I will say though I do not like driving it in winter at all. Just doesnt seem to do as well as Id hope.

Nice car, with a problem.
By dodgekia

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We got our caliber in March 2014, when we got it, it had a problem. Behind the driver seat there is a water leak on the floor each time it rains, in the other hand, the caliber is very spacious and comfortable, the floor on the cargo area is nice because it is made of plastic, so in case of like a spill, you can easily wipe it of. The seats are very comfortable, especially when it is cold and you turn on the heated seats. Legroom is nice too. The car is fun to drive, because of the engine on the R/T (2.4L I4)

Cooled glove box, fold down speakers, 18-inch wheels, heated seats, sunroof, 7 brand speakers, headlight washer.

• SUV