2007 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:
Ashamed.....
By dickson3 on 08/22/14 17:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I went and made an account just so I could complain, this is nothing but a money pit, ive replaced alternator, brakes, struts, cruise control, and 2 pairs of tires. ive had it about 6 years and just paid it off. Im so angry about this vehicle, every site you go on its the same complaint over and over again. this should be recalled. Had a ford and didnt have near as many problems. I should of kept it. Yeah cooler is a joker back bumper scratches and its expensive to fix. open up the back windows and it sounds like your in a helicopter. save yourself the money and get something else.

junk
By frddfrd on 07/09/14 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

bought it used with 33,000 miles on it. iv'e put six thousand miles on it, that's it. throttle position control gone bad, already. forty thousand miles!!!

Great for four months
By twhawk on 06/22/14 01:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used four months ago, ran great until a week ago when voltage light came on. Battery and alternator tested fine, three days later the throttle response light came on and it had to get towed. The garage said the oil was tacky (only used oil so I question this) and the top half of the motor was burnt up. I just financed the car four months ago, so had to again buy another car. Very disappointing, liked the car a lot until it did this.

If you find one you like, GET IT.
By rnz2014 on 06/16/14 20:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My sister, myself and a friend all have one. Mine's a 2007 R/T without AWD & I LOVE IT. I've had her for three years, & I've had no major issues. Her alternator is starting to go, but that's 7 years of wear & tear. The car runs like a car, but feels more like an SUV. The Caliber has dependability that we all loved about Chrysler Group at one time or another, & the R/T has enough power to make driving fun. They handle well, and have a great turning radius. With window guards, the window noise when open at high speeds is practically gone. Bought mine with 99,000 miles, and she now has 128,000 miles. Great car, would definitely buy another.

Do your research before purchasing!!
By alisas90 on 05/31/14 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT (automatic) with 94,000 Miles on it Feb. 2014. Right after I drove it off the lot, the check engine light came on. I took It back instantly, they said it was a fuel sensor. So they replaced it free of charge. At 97,000 miles, I was driving and the car started to jolt, sputter, whatever you'd want to call It - the check engine light was blinking. I called a tow truck and had it taken to a dealership-where they "fixed it" They replaced 4 coils, all my spark plugs and also did oil change (it was just about needed anyway for the oil change). 2 weeks later, my family and I drive only an hour away from home. it happened again. don't buy this car!!

Expensive repairs early
By car_customer on 05/18/14 09:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. I love the looks of the car, the feel of the car, the response of the car. However, I have had two very expensive repairs early in the car's life. I had to replace the entire instrument cluster at 54,000. The illumination system on the cluster went bad. That was $500. Dodge would not help. Then, at 64,000, the ENTIRE k-frame was found to be rusted through, rendering the car unsafe. Cost to repair was $1,400. Dodge would not help. There are 27 complaints on NHTSA for this same problem. This is a serious safety issue and Dodge will not acknowledge they have a problem. I know car parts are going to wear out. But these two parts are NOT typical repairs.

Bad Car!
By cardiqs on 05/12/14 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased this car with 50K on it. It started to sound like a truck. Alternator clutch?! Here is the list. Alternator, Cracked Manifold, Battery, brakes, tires. light bulb 2x's. It started out dependable. Now it is sitting again, probably a 2nd alternator. It is a great car in the snow but don't push it. It will need something. Can't put a dog gate of any kind in the car due to the design. Open up the window in the rear without the front ones and the worst percussion noise ever occurs.

Putting a lot of miles on it
By chrisgvu on 03/28/14 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

2007 Caliber, 2.0 SXT, CVT. I got this vehicle when I was hired in another city and drive about 550 miles per week. I am getting around 27MPG and love the ride. The car now has over 123,000 miles and I'm hoping to get another 80,000 or so before trading it in. I am 6'2" and fit in the vehicle well. While I do wish the mileage was a little better, I am happy with the vehicle.

LOVED THIS CAR / Did its job!
By safedrivertoo on 06/19/13 08:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought it at 36,900 (mileage) and am now giving it to my daughter at 126,8000, and I've never had a problem other than wear/tear except the fuel pump, which went at 50,000 miles. I think I replace an alternator too, around 90,000 miles, but it runs great, never stalled, never left me on the road or anything. I LOVE this car. Wish me luck with my new Dodge Journey! ;)

Don't buy if you do not have money to repair
By george653 on 02/11/13 09:19 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caliber R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not throw your money, have a good design on the outside, but beware, I bought with 72,000 miles, clear title, apparently worked well, but a week broke the throttle sensor, cost plus labor $ 550, I changed the spark plugs and the engine turned on the light, I had to replace the PCM $ 2,000, you have to use special and expensive antifreeze or breaks your engine is manufactured with the worst materials, the quality is terrible, and is so today I stopped producing this model, to complete my wife ran headlong into a post (in the middle of the car) in a parking lot, came to within a foot and a half, hopefully not more thing happened, but never opened airbags, must die to see if the bags work well or not.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.