2013 Dodge Avenger 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good car for the price.

2013 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

SXT Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Good car for the price.
By aclarke7 on

2013 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So I purchased a 2013 Dodge Avenger three months ago. I bought it because the price was great, the car looks great, and it fit what I wanted and needed in a car. The car overall is exactly as Edmunds describes it in that it does have sluggish acceleration in the 4 cylinder. It is comfortable and has some nice added features to it. The Bluetooth works great and the car is a pretty good build for what it is. Be warned the gas mileage is on the low end compared to many other cars in the same class. That is the biggest downfall for what would otherwise be a great car. So far my car has not hit its estimated MPG rating at all which was a little disappointing.

Favorite Features

Blutooth, xm radio. Fun to drive. Responsive and smooth ride. Sporty look with a few options for after market parts.

Suggested Improvements

Standard V6 or a redesign of the 4 for improved acceleration and gas mileage. The Avenger lags behind its competitors in both categories. The 4 cylinder needs some work to it to be competitive.