2013 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: 2013 Avenger

2013 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

2013 Avenger
By lousal on

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle mainly because of USAA reviews and price. I am extremely satisfied with it. My gas mileage is above the stated mileage. Last trip of about 130 miles I averaged 34 mpg. The acceleration is a little sluggish but that is what you have with a 4 cylinder engine. It is comfortable during long trips and very roomy. Both myself and my wife are not small people and we do not have any problems with roominess. The only problem I have had is that the manual states 4.5 qts of oil including oil filter but when I changed the oil and added exactly 4.5 qts it only showed half way within crosshairs on dipstick. I called the service department and was told that is normal.

The body style.

Correct the oil dipstick to read full when 4.5 qts of oil is put in. Now it only reads half way which according top the service department is normal. When I first checked the oil level before changing it I thought it had burned a 1/2 qt but it did not. If the same dipstick is used then there should be a notation in the owners manual about it.