Used 2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Fun and reliable great priced car
By av8tore71

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fast fun and a delight to drive

Favorite Features

I have the Avenger V6 SE model which Edmonds does include I do not know why. I love this car the fuel economy is awesome even for the V6 (I got 31 MPG at the best) driving on highway speeds 70MPH. The car is comfy even for my back ( I had 4 back surgeries ) and this is the perfect car for my 16 year old son

Suggested Improvements

even though Dodge stopped building the Avenger the Avenger really gets a bum rap, this is a very good car and I have no cons at all.

Good value for price
By deanhudgins

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have the basic se model with the 3.6 engine. I did look at a few other cars but was able to get this one in my price with the v6 vs others that only had a 4 cylinder. The v6 is nice and much better than the 4 cylinder in the avenger. I also did not give up much in MPG vs the 4. The ride is not bad at all and the seat are just find for my wife and I. MY son likes the pull down cup holders in the back seat. The Avenger is only a little smaller than some of the cars in its class but it's because of this that I liked it. It makes it much easier in parking lots and tight spaces. Be careful backing up because of the blind spot which is bigger than most cars. Overall I really enjoy this car.

Favorite Features

The v6 punch. good ride. Not much difference between v6 vs 4 in mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Should have improved blind spot in back. They went for looks over function.

Great, Good Looking U.S. Car
By lameduck9

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this Avenger SE after looking at several others cars. We checked a few others that we liked the looks but they were 3K+ more. We loved the looks of the Avenger, outside and inside. I was surprised at the great ride, it was a little on the firm side which I prefer, like sports suspension. The 2.4 has adequate power for the average person but for the young at heart, the 3.6L has more than enough power for the amateur road racer. The 4sp Auto is standard on the SE, Dodge should dump it and make the 6sp. standard on all Avengers. Look for all the incentives for a great deal!

Favorite Features

Exterior Looks Interior design and looks Sports type suspension Good gas mileage for midsize US car

Suggested Improvements

Tweak 2.4L horsepower up 15-20hp Make 6sp. standard Fix small but annoying warranty problems

However designed the seats should be FIRED!
By gogoallison

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The front seats have a horrible design flaw. The non-removable head rest tilts your neck 45 degrees forward. After driving for several hours, I was sick with a headache. My friend drove the next day and he got sick too. Another person rode as a passenger and she got sick. You won't notice the bad design in a test drive but you will notice it after about an hour. How did such a bad design ever get approved? So far, everyone who has spent time in the front seat of this car has become ill.

Favorite Features

The V6 was plenty peppy.

Suggested Improvements

Fire the engineer who designed those horrible bucket seats. This car should be recalled with a design flaw of this magnetude.

Great Affordable US made car
By lameduck9

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You must buy this car with incentives to get a great deal. We paid $16K and got a great trade-in price. This car is great looking, fun to drive, not to bad on gas and gets some great comments. The 2.4L is fine for everyday driving but if you want to super acceleration opt for the V-6 with 283HP. They should do away with the 4sp auto have the 6sp auto as standard, but it's not that bad. The SE exterior looks super sharp with a little bit of chrome tweeking. The interior is great looking and functional. The trunk has plenty of room. The handling and ride are superb on this model and better on the more expensive models. You can't go wrong with this car and the average family can afford it.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling and looks

Suggested Improvements

Dump the 4sp auto for the 6sp auto, make automatic lights standard.