Used 2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Handles like its on rails!
By Edalb

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Make sure your thermostats are working. Anyway this car handles awesome and the 4cyl is pretty quick too. The sound system is decent enough that I'm not going to change it until I blow a speaker. The trunk space is big too. Your tires are 225 which is awesome for a little car.

Got the Wobbles
By Jon

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Okay. So I have had my 2013 Avenger for about a year and a half. I'm sitting at 68,700 miles. A few months ago my brakes completely locked up and I couldn't even move my car. Cost my almost $1,000 to get it fixed. Now not even 3 months later my brakes are squeaking again. Terrible on brakes! Also a current issue.. I don't know if it's the transmission or what, but the entire car feels like it's vibrating and the steering wheel is especially wobbley. I hate it. It's so annoying! I will be trading this car in as soon as I can afford to and I will advise everyone who is looking for a new car not to purchase a Dodge Avenger. Terrible car!

Fun and reliable great priced car
By av8tore71

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fast fun and a delight to drive

I have the Avenger V6 SE model which Edmonds does include I do not know why. I love this car the fuel economy is awesome even for the V6 (I got 31 MPG at the best) driving on highway speeds 70MPH. The car is comfy even for my back ( I had 4 back surgeries ) and this is the perfect car for my 16 year old son

even though Dodge stopped building the Avenger the Avenger really gets a bum rap, this is a very good car and I have no cons at all.

Good value for price
By deanhudgins

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have the basic se model with the 3.6 engine. I did look at a few other cars but was able to get this one in my price with the v6 vs others that only had a 4 cylinder. The v6 is nice and much better than the 4 cylinder in the avenger. I also did not give up much in MPG vs the 4. The ride is not bad at all and the seat are just find for my wife and I. MY son likes the pull down cup holders in the back seat. The Avenger is only a little smaller than some of the cars in its class but it's because of this that I liked it. It makes it much easier in parking lots and tight spaces. Be careful backing up because of the blind spot which is bigger than most cars. Overall I really enjoy this car.

The v6 punch. good ride. Not much difference between v6 vs 4 in mpg.

Should have improved blind spot in back. They went for looks over function.

Great, Good Looking U.S. Car
By lameduck9

2013 Dodge Avenger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this Avenger SE after looking at several others cars. We checked a few others that we liked the looks but they were 3K+ more. We loved the looks of the Avenger, outside and inside. I was surprised at the great ride, it was a little on the firm side which I prefer, like sports suspension. The 2.4 has adequate power for the average person but for the young at heart, the 3.6L has more than enough power for the
amateur road racer. The 4sp Auto is standard on the SE, Dodge should dump it and make the 6sp. standard on all Avengers. Look for all the incentives for a great deal!

Exterior Looks Interior design and looks Sports type suspension Good gas mileage for midsize US car

Tweak 2.4L horsepower up 15-20hp Make 6sp. standard Fix small but annoying warranty problems