Used 2013 Dodge Avenger SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Great, Good Looking U.S. Car
By lameduck9

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this Avenger SE after looking at several others cars. We checked a few others that we liked the looks but they were 3K+ more. We loved the looks of the Avenger, outside and inside. I was surprised at the great ride, it was a little on the firm side which I prefer, like sports suspension. The 2.4 has adequate power for the average person but for the young at heart, the 3.6L has more than enough power for the amateur road racer. The 4sp Auto is standard on the SE, Dodge should dump it and make the 6sp. standard on all Avengers. Look for all the incentives for a great deal!

Favorite Features

Exterior Looks Interior design and looks Sports type suspension Good gas mileage for midsize US car

Suggested Improvements

Tweak 2.4L horsepower up 15-20hp Make 6sp. standard Fix small but annoying warranty problems

Great Affordable US made car
By lameduck9

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You must buy this car with incentives to get a great deal. We paid $16K and got a great trade-in price. This car is great looking, fun to drive, not to bad on gas and gets some great comments. The 2.4L is fine for everyday driving but if you want to super acceleration opt for the V-6 with 283HP. They should do away with the 4sp auto have the 6sp auto as standard, but it's not that bad. The SE exterior looks super sharp with a little bit of chrome tweeking. The interior is great looking and functional. The trunk has plenty of room. The handling and ride are superb on this model and better on the more expensive models. You can't go wrong with this car and the average family can afford it.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling and looks

Suggested Improvements

Dump the 4sp auto for the 6sp auto, make automatic lights standard.

2013 Avenger
By lousal

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle mainly because of USAA reviews and price. I am extremely satisfied with it. My gas mileage is above the stated mileage. Last trip of about 130 miles I averaged 34 mpg. The acceleration is a little sluggish but that is what you have with a 4 cylinder engine. It is comfortable during long trips and very roomy. Both myself and my wife are not small people and we do not have any problems with roominess. The only problem I have had is that the manual states 4.5 qts of oil including oil filter but when I changed the oil and added exactly 4.5 qts it only showed half way within crosshairs on dipstick. I called the service department and was told that is normal.

Favorite Features

The body style.

Suggested Improvements

Correct the oil dipstick to read full when 4.5 qts of oil is put in. Now it only reads half way which according top the service department is normal. When I first checked the oil level before changing it I thought it had burned a 1/2 qt but it did not. If the same dipstick is used then there should be a notation in the owners manual about it.

three times not starting
By marwan1

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

a brand new 2013 dodge avenger, didn't start two times in the last 4 months,terrible service,they tried to fix it and messed it up and now died in the middle of the road.believe me you don't want to buy this car if you are counting on it to take you places.my experience with the service department was terrible and they almost make you feel responsible for their bad cars.windshield wiper pump died the second month and while fixing it they messed up my electrical system.dont believe anything about a star package

2013 avenger
By bradyhenson

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, performance is good, quality is excellent, cool car! Comfortable driver and passenger seats.