Used 2013 Dodge Avenger SE Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Handles like its on rails!
By Edalb

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Make sure your thermostats are working. Anyway this car handles awesome and the 4cyl is pretty quick too. The sound system is decent enough that I'm not going to change it until I blow a speaker. The trunk space is big too. Your tires are 225 which is awesome for a little car.

Got the Wobbles
By Jon

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Okay. So I have had my 2013 Avenger for about a year and a half. I'm sitting at 68,700 miles. A few months ago my brakes completely locked up and I couldn't even move my car. Cost my almost $1,000 to get it fixed. Now not even 3 months later my brakes are squeaking again. Terrible on brakes! Also a current issue.. I don't know if it's the transmission or what, but the entire car feels like it's vibrating and the steering wheel is especially wobbley. I hate it. It's so annoying! I will be trading this car in as soon as I can afford to and I will advise everyone who is looking for a new car not to purchase a Dodge Avenger. Terrible car!

Great, Good Looking U.S. Car
By lameduck9

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this Avenger SE after looking at several others cars. We checked a few others that we liked the looks but they were 3K+ more. We loved the looks of the Avenger, outside and inside. I was surprised at the great ride, it was a little on the firm side which I prefer, like sports suspension. The 2.4 has adequate power for the average person but for the young at heart, the 3.6L has more than enough power for the
amateur road racer. The 4sp Auto is standard on the SE, Dodge should dump it and make the 6sp. standard on all Avengers. Look for all the incentives for a great deal!

Exterior Looks Interior design and looks Sports type suspension Good gas mileage for midsize US car

Tweak 2.4L horsepower up 15-20hp Make 6sp. standard Fix small but annoying warranty problems

Great Affordable US made car
By lameduck9

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You must buy this car with incentives to get a great deal. We paid $16K and got a great trade-in price. This car is great looking, fun to drive, not to bad on gas and gets some great comments. The 2.4L is fine for everyday driving but if you want to super acceleration opt for the V-6 with 283HP. They should do away with the 4sp auto have the 6sp auto as standard, but it's not that bad. The SE exterior looks super sharp with a little bit of chrome tweeking. The interior is great looking and functional. The trunk has plenty of room. The handling and ride are superb on this model and better on the more expensive models. You can't go wrong with this car and the average family can afford it.

2013 Avenger
By lousal

2013 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle mainly because of USAA reviews and price.
I am extremely satisfied with it.
My gas mileage is above the stated mileage.
Last trip of about 130 miles I averaged 34 mpg.
The acceleration is a little sluggish but that is what you have with a 4 cylinder engine.
It is comfortable during long trips and very roomy.
Both myself and my wife are not small people and we do not have any problems with roominess.
The only problem I have had is that the manual states 4.5 qts of oil including oil filter but when I changed the oil and added exactly 4.5 qts it only showed half way within crosshairs on dipstick.
I called the service department and was told that is normal.

The body style.

Correct the oil dipstick to read full when 4.5 qts of oil is put in. Now it only reads half way which according top the service department is normal. When I first checked the oil level before changing it I thought it had burned a 1/2 qt but it did not. If the same dipstick is used then there should be a notation in the owners manual about it.