2012 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: 11 year new car drought

2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Review

11 year new car drought
By cardinalgirl on

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

11 year Cherokee owner, I tried to buy cars in that span but none were right. I wouldn't have bought this one had I been unable to keep the Ch. This Avenger allows me to own both and alternate seasons with them. Once I got used to the new 6 speed 4 cyl. that is so prevalent, I grew to love this car more every time. Gauges instead of dummy lights, steering wheel radio and voice control bluetooth, reliable power windows (so far, heh), the styling is really nice, and, the highway noise just doesn't exist. The steering is fine. Headroom could be better. I6 to 4cyl. I think it should be quicker on the uptake from dead stop to go. All considered, I am more than pleased.

40/60 split accessible to the back seat instead of just the trunk, feels like a substantial vehicle, handles great.

map lights suck (why bother type thing), I bump my arm/shoulder and head sometimes when getting in/out. Low door curve I think.