2012 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Astonished. Seriously.

2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

Astonished. Seriously.
By joe_e on

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I went to drive a Charger. We looked at a few, when she spotted this number on the side of the lot. We went through four different Chargers before we drove the Avenger, and I was completely blown away. The 3.6 in this destroys the same engine in my '12 Durango, this car was what that engine was built for. Absolutely thunderous performance above and beyond anything we drove, anywhere. No Accord, No Maxima, no Malibu or Fusion or anything came close to touching it in performance. Full leather is nice, electronics rock, build quality makes me hope that this is a trend for American Automakers, it's so good.

PERFORMANCE!!! Drives like a car way more expensive and/or foreign. Shocked that it's considered the "most American built car", as we are led to believe that Americans don't build cars this well. Fit/Finish are perfect, lines are right on, everywhere.

Visibility in blind spot is kind of a bear. Would prefer the exterior to take on more styling from the Charger/Dart/Durango than the Journey/Grand Caravan/Caliber. Still, best drive in a V6 sold in the US for <$25K.