2012 Dodge Avenger 3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My favorite car I have

2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

SXT Plus Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

My favorite car I have ever owned.
By kshizzle on

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 6th car I have owned and I can honestly say that I am finally driving the exact car that I wanted to be driving. Before I bought my Avenger I had always settled for what was available (hand me down cars) as well as what was cheap and reliable. I drove a Corolla for 12 years and that made the decision to settle for nothing less then a 6 cylinder engine that much easier. I drove most the cars in this class (G6, Malibu, Camry etc...) as rental cars but when I rented the Avenger I was sold. Most people on the road do not understand that it has a 3.6 liter 283 hp engine inside. Easily enough to beat all of the cars in its class. Fun car for sure.

Favorite Features

The 3.6 Liter 283 hp engine. I really love it when people try to drive past me in their Camry's or whatever other piece they are driving. That lasts only a couple seconds before I blow by them and they realize they do not have the car to compete with me. The only problem I had was one day on the highway the computer stopped the acceleration around 140. I still had a half of a peddle to go but the car just wouldn't go any faster. Dang computers.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the speed limitation in the computer.