I love it, but . . .
By iamkristen on
2012 Dodge Avenger SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I really do love this car. The engine is fantastic. Awesome performance! Its exterior is eye-catching and sleek. The car is a combination of sporty and practical. Now what I don't like . . . The people who work in the service department of the dealership where I bought the car know me. The car has been in there THAT often. Various censors or detectors that trigger the engine light, the ABS/traction/cruise control system, a misfiring cylinder, visor clip broke off, the entire control panel (lock/window switch) in the passenger side door came out, the vents were flopping closed . . . and I have about 50k miles now. Everything but the ABS issue was when the car was under 36k miles.
Favorite Features
Looks, styling, performance, audio system with hard drive (no more CDs floating around the car). I bought the SXT Plus for its sporty look, the engine, and ordered it in red metallic paint. :-)
Suggested Improvements
Censors, censors, censors. Are they supposed to be disposable? It worries me that for as low as my odometer is (2012 model with 50k miles), it's had all these problems. Sure, they are relatively minor except for the misfire & ABS system issues. There are so many issues, though. My boss even commented on how often my car is in the shop. The cosmetic things - visor clip, door control panel, vents - should not be wearing out at under 36k miles. It makes me feel as if the components are cheap & basically disposable. I'm very disappointed in this aspect of the car.