2012 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: Great car for the price

2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

SXT Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Great car for the price
By bv41706 on

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new with 3 miles on it in 2012 and have loved every minute driving it. I have a long drive to work and take business trips from time to time and if I leave it in cruise control on the highway set between 65-70 mph, i have gotten 36+mpg average on the highway. I have had trouble getting it to start in the cold, but only the one day when the temp here in NY dropped to -20 overnight and i realized that it was because i had left something plugged in and have had no trouble since. I have had no problems with it and i just today turned 48k miles on it and it still drives like the day i bought it. no problems whatsoever.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that was tough was driving in the factory tires in the snow. The tires are so wide, there is little traction and what i found was to get 4 x 16 in rims and higher profile slightly narrower snows and that has worked like a charm. i have driven this car in the snows of syracuse, rochester, buffalo, and everywhere in between with no problems. Overall, this is a fantastic car.