Buy it for the Motor - Drive it for the FUN!
By bige44221 on
2012 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I waited to write this owning my R/T for almost a year and having over 8,000 miles on it. This car does ROCK & some Mopor aftermarket parts (I added a performance throttle body) can increase the HP to over 300. Some other reviewer talks about smoking other cars and such and still getting 30mpg, this is BS. You can't be racey and fuel efficient at the same time. If you take it easy, you will get 28-30mpg. Over 30? No. The car performs great, handles will and is a lot of fun. I tested just about every car in this class - Malibu, Fusion, Altima, Camery - none of them have the power of this engine. If you are considering any of the cars above, check out the Avenger.
Favorite Features
The 3.6 Pentastar engine is my favorite feature. I got the base R/T model with basic UConnect system. This is one area I wish I had gone with an upgrade. It would have been fun to have my mobile phone bluetooth work with my car stereo for better hands free. All in all, I like the exterior, interior and overall quality. The fit and finish of this car is great. I get a lot of compliments on the car (color is Redline Red), the front seats are very comfortable and my kids love the molded headrest for the rear seat that are comfortable and have a racey look. The trunk is adequate but would like a bigger one.
Suggested Improvements
I added a Mopar high performance throttle body (installed by dealer) and this really increased throttle response. There was a lot of lag with the stock throttle. I would recommend this as standard. I would also like to see an All Wheel Drive (AWD) option. If there is any way to make the trunk bigger I would do it.