2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
I'm very satisfied with this car
By kcguy62 on 02/13/12 01:08 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove several mid size cars. And finally decided on the base model 2012 Dodge avenger for the following reasons. First It is a 2012 top safety pick. I think the avenger is really nice looking.... I chose the bright silver exterior with black interior. It has nice quality materials and craftsmanship. The 2.4 engine has all the power I need and gets great mpg. If you want to race once in a while get the v-6 version, it has over a hundred more horse power... be careful "laughs". I also like the way the avenger feels on the road... It has a very comfortable ride. It also handles curves well, the steering and brakes are responsive. To sum up the review. I love driving this car!

Great Value
By interpolfan1 on 01/20/12 22:30 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 2.4L has plenty of power,and is comfortable and fun to drive. The driver's seat sits higher than my Patriot did,so after driving Jeeps for the past 7+ years,I don't feel like I'm sitting on the ground. I love the cold weather package and the stereo sounds great and is easy to access,thanks to the steering wheel controls. It has handled well this winter,though I have to remind myself I no longer have 4x4.Haven't had it long enough(2 weeks)to know what the mpg's will average out to.

Major Improvement
By muttl on 12/16/11 17:19 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2012 Avenger SXT after owning an 06 Stratus since it was new. While the Stratus was very reliable the front rotors were warped more often than not. The Avenger appears to have a much higher quality associated with it. Both vehicles had the 2.4 liter engine. The refinements in the engine and the addition of the 6 speed Transmission have made a major improvement to the functionality of the car. It's smooth and quiet when accelerating. It corners and handles bumps well. The Avenger sits higher and is easier to enter and exit. Overall a very nice improvement over the Stratus.

Love this car!
By dodgeman23 on 11/08/11 14:21 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Dodge Avenger. They seem to get better and better each time. I only have 600 miles so far on this car, but I can see already how good it is. The biggest improvement I see so far is the interior quality and ride quality which is far better than the 2010 that was traded in. Almost no wind noise at highway speeds. It handles much better than I would have expected. So far, I have not found any flaws with this car...its perfect. Too early to gauge highway MPG, but I expect it to be better than my 2010 which got 37.5 mpg on the highway. I am very please with this car and suggest anyone who has not driven one yet, give it a try.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Avenger in VA is:

$161 per month*