Used 2012 Dodge Avenger R/T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

2012 DODGE AVENGER
By slowhand2

2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just love my 2012 dodge avenger r/t I have not spent a penny on it since I bought it.i get more double takes from people..wow nice car is it new? I would buy another again but they don't make the avenger anymore:-( still a damn nice car.

Favorite Features

plenty of hp plenty of room great gas miles great looks

Suggested Improvements

cant think of anything

Buy it for the Motor - Drive it for the FUN!
By bige44221

2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I waited to write this owning my R/T for almost a year and having over 8,000 miles on it. This car does ROCK & some Mopor aftermarket parts (I added a performance throttle body) can increase the HP to over 300. Some other reviewer talks about smoking other cars and such and still getting 30mpg, this is BS. You can't be racey and fuel efficient at the same time. If you take it easy, you will get 28-30mpg. Over 30? No. The car performs great, handles will and is a lot of fun. I tested just about every car in this class - Malibu, Fusion, Altima, Camery - none of them have the power of this engine. If you are considering any of the cars above, check out the Avenger.

Favorite Features

The 3.6 Pentastar engine is my favorite feature. I got the base R/T model with basic UConnect system. This is one area I wish I had gone with an upgrade. It would have been fun to have my mobile phone bluetooth work with my car stereo for better hands free. All in all, I like the exterior, interior and overall quality. The fit and finish of this car is great. I get a lot of compliments on the car (color is Redline Red), the front seats are very comfortable and my kids love the molded headrest for the rear seat that are comfortable and have a racey look. The trunk is adequate but would like a bigger one.

Suggested Improvements

I added a Mopar high performance throttle body (installed by dealer) and this really increased throttle response. There was a lot of lag with the stock throttle. I would recommend this as standard. I would also like to see an All Wheel Drive (AWD) option. If there is any way to make the trunk bigger I would do it.