2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
My favorite car I have ever owned.
By kshizzle on 07/09/14 14:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 6th car I have owned and I can honestly say that I am finally driving the exact car that I wanted to be driving. Before I bought my Avenger I had always settled for what was available (hand me down cars) as well as what was cheap and reliable. I drove a Corolla for 12 years and that made the decision to settle for nothing less then a 6 cylinder engine that much easier. I drove most the cars in this class (G6, Malibu, Camry etc...) as rental cars but when I rented the Avenger I was sold. Most people on the road do not understand that it has a 3.6 liter 283 hp engine inside. Easily enough to beat all of the cars in its class. Fun car for sure.

I love it, but . . .
By iamkristen on 07/08/14 13:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really do love this car. The engine is fantastic. Awesome performance! Its exterior is eye-catching and sleek. The car is a combination of sporty and practical. Now what I don't like . . . The people who work in the service department of the dealership where I bought the car know me. The car has been in there THAT often. Various censors or detectors that trigger the engine light, the ABS/traction/cruise control system, a misfiring cylinder, visor clip broke off, the entire control panel (lock/window switch) in the passenger side door came out, the vents were flopping closed . . . and I have about 50k miles now. Everything but the ABS issue was when the car was under 36k miles.

Astonished. Seriously.
By joe_e on 12/09/12 01:59 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I went to drive a Charger. We looked at a few, when she spotted this number on the side of the lot. We went through four different Chargers before we drove the Avenger, and I was completely blown away. The 3.6 in this destroys the same engine in my '12 Durango, this car was what that engine was built for. Absolutely thunderous performance above and beyond anything we drove, anywhere. No Accord, No Maxima, no Malibu or Fusion or anything came close to touching it in performance. Full leather is nice, electronics rock, build quality makes me hope that this is a trend for American Automakers, it's so good.

Awesome MPG!
By my2012sxtplus on 04/25/12 10:51 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Copperhead Pearlcoat SXT Plus 3.6L V6 With only 308 miles on it as of today, my average MPG is 30.3 which includes city and hwy. I LOVE the 283 HP (smoked a similar import yesterday!) Another interesting fact about my Avenger is that Dodge is no longer carrying the Copperhead Pearlcoat paint line. It was discontinued on April 1st, 2012. Thankfully I was able to purchase mine last weekend! The interior is a huge improvement for any of the DCJF lines, no more cheap plastic or uncomfortable seating. I am a very picky and easily annoyed driver/owner and for once, I have NO complaints! I hated my Jeep GC and was hesitant to purchase another DCJF, the Avenger proved me wrong!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Avenger Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*