2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Great car for the price
By bv41706 on 03/01/14 19:14 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new with 3 miles on it in 2012 and have loved every minute driving it. I have a long drive to work and take business trips from time to time and if I leave it in cruise control on the highway set between 65-70 mph, i have gotten 36+mpg average on the highway. I have had trouble getting it to start in the cold, but only the one day when the temp here in NY dropped to -20 overnight and i realized that it was because i had left something plugged in and have had no trouble since. I have had no problems with it and i just today turned 48k miles on it and it still drives like the day i bought it. no problems whatsoever.

Screeching noise
By matchbox20fan on 07/18/13 19:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My avenger makes a horrible screeching sound when I back up in low speed and apply brakes. My backing plate, rear rotors pads and clips have been replaced only to make the sound worse and now noise is heard when I go forward also. I have notified Chrysler only to be turned away because no dealership can find a problem. Yet all heads turn when my car is leaving

Junk
By james273 on 05/09/13 12:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the car brand new and now have 21000 miles on it. Worst car I ever owned. Has been in the shop multiple times for the hvac system not working properly. Now the ride has gotten worse. It feels like the rear struts went bad. The 4 cylinder engine is okay on power but not something to brag about and I dont get anywhere near the estimated mpg as the sticker says. Also had problems with the speedometer and transmission intermittently not working properly. The trade in value of this car is low. For the age of the car I expected more. With this car it truly is buyer be ware.

11 year new car drought
By cardinalgirl on 07/29/12 00:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

11 year Cherokee owner, I tried to buy cars in that span but none were right. I wouldn't have bought this one had I been unable to keep the Ch. This Avenger allows me to own both and alternate seasons with them. Once I got used to the new 6 speed 4 cyl. that is so prevalent, I grew to love this car more every time. Gauges instead of dummy lights, steering wheel radio and voice control bluetooth, reliable power windows (so far, heh), the styling is really nice, and, the highway noise just doesn't exist. The steering is fine. Headroom could be better. I6 to 4cyl. I think it should be quicker on the uptake from dead stop to go. All considered, I am more than pleased.

Great Value
By interpolfan1 on 01/20/12 22:30 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 2.4L has plenty of power,and is comfortable and fun to drive. The driver's seat sits higher than my Patriot did,so after driving Jeeps for the past 7+ years,I don't feel like I'm sitting on the ground. I love the cold weather package and the stereo sounds great and is easy to access,thanks to the steering wheel controls. It has handled well this winter,though I have to remind myself I no longer have 4x4.Haven't had it long enough(2 weeks)to know what the mpg's will average out to.

Major Improvement
By muttl on 12/16/11 17:19 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2012 Avenger SXT after owning an 06 Stratus since it was new. While the Stratus was very reliable the front rotors were warped more often than not. The Avenger appears to have a much higher quality associated with it. Both vehicles had the 2.4 liter engine. The refinements in the engine and the addition of the 6 speed Transmission have made a major improvement to the functionality of the car. It's smooth and quiet when accelerating. It corners and handles bumps well. The Avenger sits higher and is easier to enter and exit. Overall a very nice improvement over the Stratus.

Love this car!
By dodgeman23 on 11/08/11 14:21 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Dodge Avenger. They seem to get better and better each time. I only have 600 miles so far on this car, but I can see already how good it is. The biggest improvement I see so far is the interior quality and ride quality which is far better than the 2010 that was traded in. Almost no wind noise at highway speeds. It handles much better than I would have expected. So far, I have not found any flaws with this car...its perfect. Too early to gauge highway MPG, but I expect it to be better than my 2010 which got 37.5 mpg on the highway. I am very please with this car and suggest anyone who has not driven one yet, give it a try.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Avenger in WA is:

$208 per month*