Used 2012 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

look elsewhere first
By very unsatisfied customer

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

bought a used 2012 avenger 7/11/15 and by 10/15 need front breaks and now i either need a new transmission or something called a powertrain control module.will never purchase a dodge product new or used again to many problems to have on a car i had just over a year

Bought new, no odd repairs, drives great
By Gary Rorye

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

bulletproof [non-permissible content removed]
By Michael

2012 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car since 2013, purchased with 32k miles. It is now 78k miles and have no serious problems. It is reliable, but there are a lot of problems.
*I could almost outrun this car until it hits 4500rpm. It is super-slow. Lead brick with wheels slow.
*Electronics have a lot of issues.
*Transmission is absolutely awful. It doesn't know what gear to get into. Stomp the gas and you can almost see the engine say '???????'
*It says curb weight is ~3400 lbs, but it feels much larger and heavier.
*Very harsh, rough ride. For a suspension this tight, it needs to be more powerful.

V6 Flex fuel 3.6
By David

2012 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car with good intentions of keeping it for years, Until the winter came, Then we wanted to drive it off a cliff. Traction control REALLY sucks. It don't matter if it's rain or snow the rear end of the car goes ALL OVER THE PLACE. It's hard to keep control of it. We thought it was the tires, SOOOOOO. We bought brand new 65,000 mile ALL SEASO tires at Les Schwab. Well guess what ? It still did the same thing. We took it back to Les Schwab to have it checked out and was told there is nothing wrong with the tires and they have had MANY Dodge Avengers in because of the same problem. It's pretty sad that I have to drive at 15 mph and everyone else is passing by me like if I was standing still.

As far as performance,,,It's got GREAT POWER, especially when climbing 8% grades in the mountains. I pass people like THEY are standing still. I put a FLOWMASTER exaust system on it and it sounds like a muscle car. People are always turning their heads.

I ALSO have the issue with cold air blowing out of the passenger side and dealership won't do anything about it. Now with that being said, We will NEVER buy a Chrysler vehicle again. We can't wait to trade it in for something different. My advise to you would be,,,DON'T BUY A DODGE AVENGER BECAUSE YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Love my Avenger!
By Brenda Coleman

2012 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)