Used 2012 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

bulletproof [non-permissible content removed]
By Michael

2012 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car since 2013, purchased with 32k miles. It is now 78k miles and have no serious problems. It is reliable, but there are a lot of problems.
*I could almost outrun this car until it hits 4500rpm. It is super-slow. Lead brick with wheels slow.
*Electronics have a lot of issues.
*Transmission is absolutely awful. It doesn't know what gear to get into. Stomp the gas and you can almost see the engine say '???????'
*It says curb weight is ~3400 lbs, but it feels much larger and heavier.
*Very harsh, rough ride. For a suspension this tight, it needs to be more powerful.

V6 Flex fuel 3.6
By David

2012 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car with good intentions of keeping it for years, Until the winter came, Then we wanted to drive it off a cliff. Traction control REALLY sucks. It don't matter if it's rain or snow the rear end of the car goes ALL OVER THE PLACE. It's hard to keep control of it. We thought it was the tires, SOOOOOO. We bought brand new 65,000 mile ALL SEASO tires at Les Schwab. Well guess what ? It still did the same thing. We took it back to Les Schwab to have it checked out and was told there is nothing wrong with the tires and they have had MANY Dodge Avengers in because of the same problem. It's pretty sad that I have to drive at 15 mph and everyone else is passing by me like if I was standing still.

As far as performance,,,It's got GREAT POWER, especially when climbing 8% grades in the mountains. I pass people like THEY are standing still. I put a FLOWMASTER exaust system on it and it sounds like a muscle car. People are always turning their heads.

I ALSO have the issue with cold air blowing out of the passenger side and dealership won't do anything about it. Now with that being said, We will NEVER buy a Chrysler vehicle again. We can't wait to trade it in for something different. My advise to you would be,,,DON'T BUY A DODGE AVENGER BECAUSE YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Love my Avenger!
By Brenda Coleman

2012 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Heater Core Needs a recall
By Frank

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car performs well. There are a few things that needs to be address before the avenger can be a really neat ride. The Heater core seems to be a major issue with this vehicle. Especially if you live in cold areas. The Heater only blows warm air on the driver side of the vehicle and cold air on the passenger side. Dodge is well aware of this issue but has not done a recall on this placing the cost to repair this problem onto the consumer. Even then there is no assurance this problem will not return since the problem is in the faulty part. The cost can be anywhere from $900 to $1300 to repair depending on your area mechanics.

Cold air in the winter renders this vehicle useless during the winter season. My vehicle is currently parked now and I am seriously consider trading this vehicle in for another one. Mostly because I refuse to pay to fix something that is flawed and Dodge knows that it is. Making you feel like you purchased a lemon. Not right Dodge, not right...

I need a vehicle I can drive year round and not for 6 or 7 months out of the year. In Kansas it has really cool down in the temps. So it's looking like this vehicle will be parked November- March, and that's if the weather is not crazy cold in March. So with that said I encourage anyone having issues with their heating system in their dodge avenger to speak up and be heard. Not sure what it will take to make Dodge do a recall on this issue. For me, I'll be looking to trade this vehicle in if Dodge refuse to act by January.. Maybe someone in Florida or LA can use a ride that cools pretty well in the summer months, but they better not take a trip up North during the Fall.

I drive a 2012 Dodge Avenger and it is Fantastic!!!
By sachi25

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My first experience driving this car was thru Enterprise Rental. I had it for a full month and decided this had to be my new car! The rental was a 2014, but when I noticed that the 2012 looked almost exactly the same, I chose the 2012. My 2012 has 38,000 miles on it and drives like a dream! It has satellite radio in it with a power driver's seat as well as great rims, a beautiful white body, and black interior. I love this car! A special thanks to Lahti's of Leominster, MA! I bought this for 12,900 at 32,100 miles. I typically get about 26-27 miles to the gallon,sometimes as low as 24.5/city. It has gotten as many as 29.7/highway(possibly 31/highway). Mine is a 2.4 liter & drives like a 6!

Power seat Satellite radio Body of the car White color Black interior XL Trunk Comfort Reliability Safeness Precision Tires Engine capacity

None!