Used 2012 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

I drive a 2012 Dodge Avenger and it is Fantastic!!!
By sachi25

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My first experience driving this car was thru Enterprise Rental. I had it for a full month and decided this had to be my new car! The rental was a 2014, but when I noticed that the 2012 looked almost exactly the same, I chose the 2012. My 2012 has 38,000 miles on it and drives like a dream! It has satellite radio in it with a power driver's seat as well as great rims, a beautiful white body, and black interior. I love this car! A special thanks to Lahti's of Leominster, MA! I bought this for 12,900 at 32,100 miles. I typically get about 26-27 miles to the gallon,sometimes as low as 24.5/city. It has gotten as many as 29.7/highway(possibly 31/highway). Mine is a 2.4 liter & drives like a 6!

Power seat Satellite radio Body of the car White color Black interior XL Trunk Comfort Reliability Safeness Precision Tires Engine capacity

None!

2012 DODGE AVENGER
By slowhand2

2012 Dodge Avenger R/T 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just love my 2012 dodge avenger r/t I have not spent a penny on it since I bought it.i get more double takes from people..wow nice car is it new? I would buy another again but they don't make the avenger anymore:-( still a damn nice car.

plenty of hp plenty of room great gas miles great looks

cant think of anything

2012 SE V-6....not an option above
By imports4ever

2012 Dodge Avenger SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am very disappointed in this car. It is just shy of 3 yrs old and I have put $1200 in to the car in two months. All electronics or emissions issues that are not covered by the warranty. The engine, 3.6L Pentastar, is the only good thing about this pile of flaming poo. The transmission is so lazy I'm amazed it even bothers to show up. Rattles and creaks. Quiet and above average in comfort. Mileage is horrendous! I've never gotten more than 19 mpg combined. On long drives (flat highway 65 mph) you can get up to 29 mpg, but that only happened one time. Chews up tires like Rolaids. 47,750 miles as of this morning and I'm just so disappointed. Going back to VW. Diesel.

Engine. Goes like it's on fire.

Quit adding gears. Drop back to the 5 speed AT and offer a manual option with the V6. Convert it to RWD and bring back AWD. Figure out QC and get the electronics right. Train your service staff to be less rude.

My favorite car I have ever owned.
By kshizzle

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 6th car I have owned and I can honestly say that I am finally driving the exact car that I wanted to be driving. Before I bought my Avenger I had always settled for what was available (hand me down cars) as well as what was cheap and reliable. I drove a Corolla for 12 years and that made the decision to settle for nothing less then a 6 cylinder engine that much easier. I drove most the cars in this class (G6, Malibu, Camry etc...) as rental cars but when I rented the Avenger I was sold. Most people on the road do not understand that it has a 3.6 liter 283 hp engine inside. Easily enough to beat all of the cars in its class. Fun car for sure.

The 3.6 Liter 283 hp engine. I really love it when people try to drive past me in their Camry's or whatever other piece they are driving. That lasts only a couple seconds before I blow by them and they realize they do not have the car to compete with me. The only problem I had was one day on the highway the computer stopped the acceleration around 140. I still had a half of a peddle to go but the car just wouldn't go any faster. Dang computers.

Get rid of the speed limitation in the computer.

I love it, but . . .
By iamkristen

2012 Dodge Avenger SXT Plus 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really do love this car. The engine is fantastic. Awesome performance! Its exterior is eye-catching and sleek. The car is a combination of sporty and practical. Now what I don't like . . . The people who work in the service department of the dealership where I bought the car know me. The car has been in there THAT often. Various censors or detectors that trigger the engine light, the ABS/traction/cruise control system, a misfiring cylinder, visor clip broke off, the entire control panel (lock/window switch) in the passenger side door came out, the vents were flopping closed . . . and I have about 50k miles now. Everything but the ABS issue was when the car was under 36k miles.

Looks, styling, performance, audio system with hard drive (no more CDs floating around the car). I bought the SXT Plus for its sporty look, the engine, and ordered it in red metallic paint. :-)

Censors, censors, censors. Are they supposed to be disposable? It worries me that for as low as my odometer is (2012 model with 50k miles), it's had all these problems. Sure, they are relatively minor except for the misfire & ABS system issues. There are so many issues, though. My boss even commented on how often my car is in the shop. The cosmetic things - visor clip, door control panel, vents - should not be wearing out at under 36k miles. It makes me feel as if the components are cheap & basically disposable. I'm very disappointed in this aspect of the car.