MOPAR OR NO CAR!
By malibubandit81 on
2011 Dodge Avenger Lux 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I wanted a 2010 AWD 3.5 Charger but couldn't find one...I considered waiting for the '11 Chargers but they aren't making an AWD model with the Pentastar V6 and I can't afford the Hemi price. Then 2 idenitically optioned '11 Avenger Lux models show up at my favorite Mopar dealership. Didn't even know Dodge was building them yet! I test drove one and quickly fell in love with the new Pentastar V6. Next thing I know, i've had the car for exactly a week now and I couldn't be any happier! Redesigned body looks great, drives like a million bucks, interior is wicked comfortable, I recommend the new V6 Avenger to EVERYONE!
Favorite Features
The whole package! My LUX his loaded with every option you can get. I love the metal flake paint, heated seats, touch screen Nav, Sirius radio, sunroof, great new steering wheel. For a guy who normally doesn't care for lots of options like leather seats and a sunroof, i'll admit I really love all of them in this car! HANDLES LIKE A MILLION BUCKS! FAST 3.6 and flawless 6-speed! I get 27 miles per gallon in my commute to work (which is one hour in mixed stop-and-go and 40-60mph driving). It gets 35 on the highway. It's good in MA snow too! The best part is - it's so new, that Dodge.com has no info on it yet (still says "coming soon") and i'm the only guy on the road with a '11 model!
Suggested Improvements
NOTHING! My Avenger LUX is everything I could have every wanted!
By miami_nice
on 02/08/11 15:06 PM (PST)

Look boys........the Avenger is just a crappy domestic rental car.....National and Enterprise just love them.........so stop deluding yourself.......in 3 years it will fall apart and trade in value will be ziltch

By thelosers
on 04/11/11 13:07 PM (PDT)

Great car, a real dark horse....I have never owned or even driven a Dodge before. After seeing some very positive reviews about how improved the new 2011 Avenger is, I decided to give them a chance. I test drove the new 2011 Avenger heat. I was blown away at how great it drove, looked, and felt inside and out. The V-6 is very powerful, it handles extremely well, and the interior is very refined, and has a lot of sportiness and character. The ride is great, and the sound system sounds great also. This does in fact seem to be a great improvement over the previous Avenger. Great value/price for all that you get as well. If you are in the market, I highly recommend that you check it out and give it a test drive. In summary, I am now the proud owner of a new 2011 V-6 Dodge Avenger heat w/sunroof; in black. Dodge has made good reliable cars in the past, and is more than capable of doing that again. I think this car is another sign that Dodge is making a comeback.

By yvl
on 03/08/11 20:09 PM (PST)

Well, I totally agree with miami_nice. Just wanted to add that my bare bones rental handles like a barge. Cornering is impaired, even changing lanes on a highway seems to be outright dangerous. Acceleration is acceptable, brakes are not. Gas mileage is surprisingly good, on par with a GM 4 cylinder compact.

By georgecavalier
on 04/02/11 06:28 AM (PDT)

@the last two posters While I can't vouch for 4-cyl performance, I have to ask did either of you drive the 2011 Avenger? It's much different from the 2008-2010 version. For the record I never was a Dodge person and still don't consider myself one but I just bought the Heat version of this car with the 3.6 V6. I was very surprised at how powerful and refined this car is. It has every feature that I could want. My only concern is long-term reliability but that's where the 100,000 mile warranty comes in.

By orangelebaron
on 02/04/11 19:29 PM (PST)

I just checked out the 11 tonight to see the changes. the cream and black interior was very classy and very comfortable. What an improvement. I liked the simplicity of the dash. I haven't owned a Chrysler in awhile and I always appreciated that Chrysler had the best wiper control design and still does. You just turn it. Not like so many other cars I've owned some of which don't even make any sense. The front seat didn't have power, but it was nice and high up off the floor unlike all Japanese cars I checked out. And the armrests on the doors are PERFECTLY designed. I know it sounds dumb.. but on many cars I check out the door armests SUCK. On the Avenger, they are PERFECT. Wide and flat and soft with the grab hole and power window switches in just the right place. I wasn't sure by your review, but did you get AWD? I didn't know it was available. How is it in the snow?